Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Computer is is hanging on bios post screen...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Raner

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:15 AM

Computer is is hanging on bios post screen, reads the memory fine and then hangs on
loading the the hard drive's (Bios Code 75). I replaced C: SSD and seta cable (No Change).
But the kicker is, It only hands on cold starts, after being tuned off over night.
When it hangs, I just power off and back on, sometimes it takes one try sometimes it
takes two but no more than three. Ounce it's up and running it's fine, I can reboot, 
shut it down, start it back up with no problems what so ever.
I updated the bios (No Change)...
There are only three things that can be causing my problem, Power Supply, Motherborad or
CPU. But I don't know which one is causing the problem.
I'm leaning to the Power Supply, But don't have an extra one on hand.
Is there anyway to run a check on the power supply with a multi-meter, or too test the motherboard or CPU to isolate the problem...Thanks...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

• Members
  • 1,132 posts
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:22 AM

sounds like motherboard to me

#3 Raner

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:32 AM

Hey Micky, Thanks for the comeback...

You think, Motherboard only or CPU and motherboard...Thanks...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users