Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Using 3 out of 4 RAM slots.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Planemaster2

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:02 AM

Some of my games are starting to max out the 8GB of RAM that I currently have in my PC. I may be able to get another 4GB to reduce the stuttering but I'm wondering whether having the dual channel disabled in favour of an extra 4GB of RAM is going to be worth it. I'll use the same model of RAM to ensure compatibility. So is it worth doing this or will it be worse for the performance?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,282 posts
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:30 AM

Dual channel is probably enabled for 8GB and not enabled for 4GB.

If you are running out of memory, I think it's worth putting extra memory despite losing some of dual channel.

#3 malwaredpc

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:31 AM

dual channel doesn't make almost diffenrece. Put more RAM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users