Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop randomly shuts off

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hellhound

hellhound

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:30 AM

Hello!Since this morning my laptop started acting weird.After about 10 minutes it shuts off.I never had any kind of problem with it until today.I thought it might be overheating but I let it idle and it does the same.I thought maybe I should clean the fan but it is not easly accesible and I m not really sure I have the confidence to remove the entire bottom.
I have an Acer Aspire 5742ZG.

Attached Files

Edited by hellhound, 14 July 2017 - 07:37 AM.

What is the difference between a snowman and a snowwoman?

Snowballs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 malwaredpc

malwaredpc

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:28 AM

It may be that, also it may be a failure in the mainboard.  If you're not confident, then take it to a technical service.

#3 hellhound

hellhound
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:33 AM

I actually took it off,cleaned the fan and I saw nothing wrong with the wires.Unfortunately I don t own a multimeter to test it but I m curious about something.If it s a problem with the motherboard,what are the possible problems it could have?The pins that connect to the fan or something else?

Edited by hamluis, 17 July 2017 - 01:23 PM.

Snowballs.

#4 malwaredpc

malwaredpc

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:51 PM

No. What comes to my mind is that it has a problem with energy. Maybe in the capacitors but I bet a problem where the voltages are below or above normal in an area of the mainboard and it overheats that sector and then shuts down.

Have you changed thermal paste? That's something you could try and see before expending money in technical service.

Edited by hamluis, 17 July 2017 - 01:24 PM.

#5 hellhound

hellhound
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:06 PM

Thank you very much for your response,I think I get the general idea of the problem.As for the termal paste,it wasn t changed.I have this laptop since 2012 and I never opened it until yesterday.

Edited by hamluis, 17 July 2017 - 01:24 PM.

Snowballs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users