I read the intro on new posts and what i should do before posting here, but i kind of wanted to cut to the chase on the main theory of fixing this problem.
Maybe im missing something simple before i post lots of logs and overanalysing task manager processes and hijackthis logs!
**(i will upload logs and screenshots next in an hour or so)
***** SYMPTOMS *****
1. CURRENTLY, MY MOUSE IS CHANGING OR TWITCHING TO PIXELATED VERSION WHEN OPENING A PROGRAM OR APPLICATION. ORIGINALLY IT DISAPPEARED ON REBOOT, BUT IT COMES BACK A FEW HOURS LATER, (POSSIBLY FUELED BY A HIDDEN OR CORRUPTED PROGRAM?)
2. 2ND CURSOR, BLACK COLOUR STUCK ON SCREEN SOMETIMES (RANDOM BUT GONE FOR NOW)
3. THE SCREEN IS REFRESHING ITSELF OR TWITCHING OCCASIONALLY.
4. BACKGROUND THEME CHANGED ITSELF. CURRENTLY I CANT FIX THIS...ALL MY ICONS ARE 'INDENTED' FROM EACH SIDE OF THE SCREEN ON THE DESKTOP BACKGROUND.
5. AVAST SHIELDS TURNED OFF RANDOMLY TWICE (SEEMS TO HAVE STOPPED AFTER ALL THE SCANS).
Lenovo ideapad 310-15ABR
AMD A12-9700P 7th gen.
10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6GS 2.50GHZ
Windows 10 64bit
Over the years, (on 4 laptops) im reasonably tech-savvy, and have always kept a smoothly run pc/laptop. Ultimately, using the below programs (free versions):
the main 4:
Avast. (high heuristics, deep and rootkits enabled)
and others, when i did get more pesky or persistent issues:
S and D Spybot.
Kaspersky AV. (high heuristics and roots)
AVG (only in the past- havent used this in years since everyone complained about removal issues).
As far as i know, these are the best of their kind and despite being free versions they have very rarely let me down over the years.... untill now i guess!
The programs above that can be, were run in safemode to ensure max effectiveness.
I have tried 2 restore points and this problem has come back.
Tried reinstalling most programs and updating them, manually. including AMD GRAPHICS for the desktop flickering/refreshing issue.
I assume its from a TORRENT file possibly, be it pirate copy of a large game folder... or just music files. ...but i have used file scanner (deep scan) from avast, kaspersky and spybot with no hits.
*I then scanned my external hard drives and did come back with a TROJAN.WIN32, with Kaspersky on my WD 2tb drive, INCLUDING Avast getting 2 files in a torrented game file (see attached screenshots).
*i have NOT scanned my phones yet (on the agenda however).
*i have NOT tried AVG yet.
Im reduced to my knees now, as im concerned my system could be compromised at the deepest undetectable level, and i reeeeeally dont want to have to reset this PC, as i have programs i cant get back ...'sigh'
Superrr appreciate any help from you guys... and apologies if im a bit scatty with my procedure or explanations, ha!