Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ransomware infection , how to decript my files with extensions (a3ad,707 )

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 goldengineer14

goldengineer14

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:21 AM

I have a desktop PC running Windows 10 X64  that got infected with one of the ransomware strains that encrypted all my documents and photos.  as per this notes here  "(  Hi, I'am CRBR ENCRYPTOR ;) ----- ALL YOUR D0CUMENTS, PHOTOS, DATABASES AND OTHER IMPORTANT FILES HAVE BEEN ENCRYPTED! )) "

I didn't pay the ransom

when i checked my system all files were encrypted and file names were changed to random 10 letters with extensions  as   ( .a3ad  , 707  )

and files names changed to random  like  (dSJDK64yM4  ,..........etc ))  also found  one file  name   " DeviceConfigManager.exe "   created in each folder ,

on file  " _R_E_A_D___T_H_I_S___48NZY_ .txt "  it said i am being attached by cerber ransomware and some instructions.

I tried to descript my files by " the  latest Trend Micro released Ransomware File Decryptor "  without Success

Please help me in decryption of my files and removal of this virus.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:33 AM

The newest variant of Cerber includes a name change...CRBR Encryptor is now the name used in the ransom note. The new CRBR variant still encrypts files with 10 random characters followed by a random 4 character hexadecimal extension appended to the end of the encrypted data filename (i.e. 1xQHJgozZM.b71c) and leave files (ransom notes) named _R_E_A_D___T_H_I_S_.hta, _R_E_A_D___T_H_I_S_.txt as explained here.

Unfortunately, there is still no known way to decrypt files encrypted by Cerber v2/v3 or newer v4x/v5x and CRBR Encryptor variants which use 10 random characters with a random 4 character hexadecimal extension (i.e. 1xQHJgozZM.b71c) without paying the ransom. If possible, your best option is to restore from backups.

There is an ongoing discussion in this topic victims you can post comments, ask questions and seek further assistance. Other victims have been directed there to share information, experiences and suggestions.When or if a decryption solution is found, that information will be provided in that support topic and you will receive notification if subscribed to it. In addition, a news article most likely will be posted on the BleepingComputer front page.

Rather than have everyone with individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any more questions, comments or requests for assistance in the above support topic discussion...it includes experiences by experts, a variety of IT consultants, end users and company reps who have been affected by ransomware infections. To avoid unnecessary confusion, this topic is closed.

Thanks
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users