Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet reset

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 waveydavey

waveydavey

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:56 AM

Can anybody help me out,when I put my computer on the internet symbol shows it is not connected.To cure it I right click my start button and select Device manager and then I click on monitor and right click on scan for hardware changes and my internet is restored and stays on.I have downloaded the internet update which was provided by Intel the other day.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stavros3000

stavros3000

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:47 AM

Do you have the right network driver installed?

#3 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:47 AM

Does this happen when you do a cold boot or even when you do a warm boot [reboot]

if none of the above then it might be a timing issue - the connection times out during longer periods of inactivity

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#4 waveydavey

waveydavey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:05 AM

No it does this whether I boot up cold or hot,sometimes it goes straight away other times I have to go though the process of connecting it.

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,448 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:44 AM

Is this a Wifi connection. If so then open Device Manager and disable, not uninstall, your Ethernet LAN device. Sometimes Windows 10 gets confused when both are enabled.

Disable Fast Startup. There may be a problem with the Hibernation file. Reboot after disabling.

Set your Power scheme to maximum performance if Wifi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users