Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flashing Speaker Icon and Loss of Speakers after Win 10 update

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JoanneMT

JoanneMT

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:31 AM

Yesterday I was warned of an upcoming Windows 10 update.  My online time is limited due to physical problems. Having other more pressing medical, financial, personal and legal problems, by the time I returned to my PC; the update had been downloaded. I didn't see any warnings in the news section at Bleeping during a quick review, and allowed the restart.

I believe it was 2 updates prior to today's, when my speakers stopped working on my View Sonic monitor that "requires no drivers". It has been successfully connected by a green wire to the PC.  I'd had a problem with the speakers before, but somehow got them working until that update a couple of weeks ago.  The bright flashing speaker icon that accompanied loss of my speakers seems to have gone away finally by using RKILL and Adware Cleaner several times, along with MBAM.  I have a subscription to Webroot Secure Anywhere, that disables Windows Defender.

Is Defender required to be active, to enable the Windows 10 updates to successfully fight off the horrible new attacks I believe I've been fortunate to avoid, like ransomeware..

My speakers are still not working.  A report from RKILL lists several services missing.  Here are the missing services reported by Sir Lawrence Abrams' awesome program.  I have not tried returning to a previous setting.  Windows 10 is still mysterious, and although I've set up the Restore Points more than once, either I forget how to access them or the report is that I've not set them up.  I know I've set them up, albeit later than I would have liked; since this was a Win 7 PC that was upgraded to Win 10 during that free upgrade intrusion, and I missed the 10 day window to restore it. 

If you recognize any missing services from the RKill report that may be interfering with my speakers or security, please advise.  Thank you for your time.

Program Rkill 2.8.4 by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler) started at: 07/13/2017 09:44:39 PM in x86 mode. Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 
Checking Windows Service Integrity: 

* b06bdrv [Missing Service]
 * ebdrv [Missing Service]
 * gagp30kx [Missing Service]
 * iaLPSSi_GPIO [Missing Service]
 * iaLPSSi_I2C [Missing Service]
 * ibbus [Missing Service]
 * IEEtwCollectorService [Missing Service]
 * IoQos [Missing Service]
 * ksthunk [Missing Service]
 * mlx4_bus [Missing Service]
 * ndfltr [Missing Service]
 * nv_agp [Missing Service]
 * PerfHost [Missing Service]
 * TimeBroker [Missing Service]
 * uagp35 [Missing Service]
 * uliagpkx [Missing Service]
 * vpci [Missing Service]
 * WcsPlugInService [Missing Service]
 * WinMad [Missing Service]
 * WinVerbs [Missing Service]
 * wpcfltr [Missing Service]
 * WSService [Missing Service]

* agp440 [Missing ImagePath]

* AJRouter => %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted [Incorrect ImagePath]
 * NetTcpPortSharing => %systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\SMSvcHost.exe [Incorrect ImagePath]
 * WpnService => %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs [Incorrect ImagePath]

* PrintNotify => C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\W32X86\3\PrintConfig.dll [Incorrect ServiceDLL]
 * vmicrdv => %SystemRoot%\System32\icsvcext.dll [Incorrect ServiceDLL]
 * vmicvss => %SystemRoot%\System32\icsvcext.dll [Incorrect ServiceDLL]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users