[Edit: I forgot to correctly attach the .zip file on the original post]
After several days and google searches I've finally decided to turn to experts (believe me, I've spent hours trying to figure this out).
By now I know 2 ways of forcing BSODs. One is by trying to Update my AV (Bitdefender) and the second is by trying to add a screen or window capture on OBS Studio. The dump files on the zip are just related to the later one.
I'd like to add that the SysnativeFileCollectionApp got stuck at "Waiting for system info" so I just stopped it from the Task Manager and zipped the SysnativeFileCollectionApp folder.
Here's the basic data needed to post:
· System Manufacturer - HP
· Exact model number - HP Pavilion dv6 A2W10LA#ABM
· OS - Windows 7 Home Premium
· x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit)? 64-bit
· What was original installed OS on system? Windows 7 Home Premium (in spanish)
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? OEM
· Age of the computer (hardware) - 5~ Years
· Age of OS installation - and whether you have re-installed the OS - 12/8/2016, 9:42:12 PM and Yes
· Laptop or Desktop computer? Laptop
· CPU - Intel Core i7-2630QM @2.00 GHz
· Video Card - Mobile Intel HD Graphics + Radeon HD 6770M
As I wait I'm running the driver verifier. HDD and RAM tests have shown no errors / problems so far.
Please let me know if you need further info.
I really hope you guys can help me out.
Thanks in advance!
Edited by baibod, 13 July 2017 - 08:26 PM.