Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Randomish BSODs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 baibod

baibod

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:21 PM

[Edit: I forgot to correctly attach the .zip file on the original post]

Hello everyone!

After several days and google searches I've finally decided to turn to experts (believe me, I've spent hours trying to figure this out).

By now I know 2 ways of forcing BSODs. One is by trying to Update my AV (Bitdefender) and the second is by trying to add a screen or window capture on OBS Studio. The dump files on the zip are just related to the later one.

I'd like to add that the SysnativeFileCollectionApp got stuck at "Waiting for system info" so I just stopped it from the Task Manager and zipped the SysnativeFileCollectionApp folder. Attached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   1.47MB   2 downloads

Here's the basic data needed to post:

· System Manufacturer - HP
        · Exact model number - HP Pavilion dv6 A2W10LA#ABM
        · OS - Windows 7 Home Premium
        · x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit)? 64-bit
        · What was original installed OS on system? Windows 7 Home Premium (in spanish)
        · Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? OEM
        · Age of the computer (hardware) - 5~ Years
        · Age of OS installation - and whether you have re-installed the OS -  12/8/2016, 9:42:12 PM and Yes
        · Laptop or Desktop computer? Laptop
             · CPU - Intel Core i7-2630QM @2.00 GHz
             · Video Card - Mobile Intel HD Graphics + Radeon HD 6770M

As I wait I'm running the driver verifier. HDD and RAM tests have shown no errors / problems so far.

Please let me know if you need further info.

I really hope you guys can help me out.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by baibod, 13 July 2017 - 08:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:54 PM

Hi. . .

Apologies about the Sysnative/jcgriff2 BSOD getting hung on "systeminfo". The app in question is really Microsoft's msinfo32 and we have tried literally for years to prevent it from running as long as it does (has the appearance of hanging). This phenomenon only occurs on a small percentage of systems.

All 3 of your dumps named your onboard Intel graphics driver as the probable cause of the BSODs.

igdpmd64.sys Thu Jan 27 11:57:05 2011 (4D41A3E1)

Yours is dated January 2011.

You can try and find an update at Intel, but I believe that you'll have a difficult time. I hope that I'm wrong.

https://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=igdpmd64.sys

Also, check your system manufacturer's support site - they may have an updated driver.

HP Support - https://support.hp.com/es-es/product/HP-Pavilion-dv6-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/5082212/model/5198943/drivers

Sorry, but I do not know the language, otherwise I would have looked for the driver myself.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

#3 baibod

baibod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 15 July 2017 - 05:22 PM

Thanks a lot jcgriff2!

So I downloaded the Intel's Driver Update Utility and showed I had the latest driver. Still I downloaded the newest one I could found (from here).

Turns out it wasn't enough. I got the bsod once again.

Please find attached the .zip file with the newest .dmp. Attached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   1.53MB   0 downloads

Thanks in advance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users