Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC keeps losing connection with monitor when gaming.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 ParanoidPablo

ParanoidPablo

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:30 PM

Hi so i have had this really annoying problem recently whenever i try to play a game, after 1 hour or so of playing gpu intensive games, my pc will just lose connection with my monitor and the only thing i can do is restart my pc to get it working again. I am a novice with this sort of stuff and i am worried i won't be able to sort out this problem without some help. I have opened up my case and cleaned my computer as best as i could without removing any parts (it was pretty dusty in there) 

When my screen goes black i can still talk to my friend on discord and i can still hear volume but i cannot get the input to work on my monitor it's really frustrating not knowing what is going on and i don't have any computer stores local to me to get a better look so i have been stuck in this loop for a week trying to figure out the problem for myself with no avail. below i will post a link of my specs and give any information required in getting to the bottom of this should i receive some help, thank you.

System (Desktop PC)

- Intel i7-4820K @ 3.70GHz (8CPUs)

- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780

240 GB Crucial M500 Series SATA III ssd

16GB (4x4GB) DDR3/2133mhz Quad Channel Memory

GIGABYTE X79-UP4 Intel X79

- AZZA Titan 1000w PSAZ-1000A14 ATX&EPS 12v

- Windows 7 home premium 64-bit  (6.1, build 7601) OEM

- Hardware is 3 years old and recently re-installed OS 2-3 months ago

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 13 July 2017 - 06:01 PM.
Topic closed due to duplicate in 'Freezes, BSODs,etc.'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:32 PM

You already have an open thread on your issue in this forum...

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/651385/black-screen-crashes-when-playing-games/#entry4283559

#3 ParanoidPablo

ParanoidPablo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:38 PM

You already have an open thread on your issue in this forum...

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/651385/black-screen-crashes-when-playing-games/#entry4283559

i am not sure what forum was the correct place to post this issue in so i posted it here too just incase, sorry if i was wrong in doing so.

#4 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:39 PM

If a moderator thinks it is more appropriate in another forum, they will move it for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users