Hi so i have had this really annoying problem recently whenever i try to play a game, after 1 hour or so of playing gpu intensive games, my pc will just lose connection with my monitor and the only thing i can do is restart my pc to get it working again. I am a novice with this sort of stuff and i am worried i won't be able to sort out this problem without some help. I have opened up my case and cleaned my computer as best as i could without removing any parts (it was pretty dusty in there)
When my screen goes black i can still talk to my friend on discord and i can still hear volume but i cannot get the input to work on my monitor it's really frustrating not knowing what is going on and i don't have any computer stores local to me to get a better look so i have been stuck in this loop for a week trying to figure out the problem for myself with no avail. below i will post a link of my specs and give any information required in getting to the bottom of this should i receive some help, thank you.
System (Desktop PC)
- Intel i7-4820K @ 3.70GHz (8CPUs)
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780
- 240 GB Crucial M500 Series SATA III ssd
- 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3/2133mhz Quad Channel Memory
- GIGABYTE X79-UP4 Intel X79
- AZZA Titan 1000w PSAZ-1000A14 ATX&EPS 12v
- Windows 7 home premium 64-bit (6.1, build 7601) OEM
- Hardware is 3 years old and recently re-installed OS 2-3 months ago
Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 13 July 2017 - 06:01 PM.
Topic closed due to duplicate in 'Freezes, BSODs,etc.'