Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard keys suddenly stop working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Avcs132

Avcs132

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:33 PM

Hey guys, 

I have a (semi-old) laptop (VAIO SVE1513M1EW) and a couple of days ago, it started acting up out of the blue. A couple of keys, the "w" and "d" keys, to be exact, are not being picked up by the computer when I press them like I would any other key. For the "d" key, I have to apply a lot more force on the key for it to get processed. However, for the "w" key, it just doesn't work regardless of how much I try. I have tried cleaning under the keys, have uninstalled the drivers and rebooting the system so it could get them reinstalled, and tried to reset the laptop alltogether. Unfortuantely, none of these have been sucessful. Is there anything I can do to try and fix this? Do I need to get it repaired by a professional? I am hesitant because I don't have much expenses as I'm currently a student. Thanks in avance for any help! 

P.S.: For those wondering how I can type "w", I ha to Google "H2O" and copy paste the "w"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:37 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Odds are that you will need to replace the keyboard.  Short term you should be able to connect a USB keyboard or use the On Screen Keyboard for the letters you are having issues.  The On Screen Keyboard can be minimized when not in use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users