Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

firewall asking for permission for an inbound connection. is this an infection?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fekerley

Fekerley

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:20 AM

Hello,

My computer was heavily infected by loads of malware and viruses. I tried a couple of anti malware with no luck. So I thought I could do with a fresh installation of windows. I formatted drive C and installed this windows 7 of mine. but some messages keep badgering me that some remote computers are trying to connect and I don't know whether this is an infection or merely it's how windows works.

I want to point out again that I have formatted drive C before installing the new windows and I also have checked all other drives by Eset smart security which found no threats. Is it possible that my computer is still infected after all of this?

I use Windows 7 x64 on an ssd drive (there's also an OEM drive which I'm not sure if it can be infected).

I have uploaded a screenshot of the message on google drive in which you can see some more details:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0bK3uVC8eh5OTMwLXpTZ25COW8

Am I infected?! please help. thank you very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:31 AM

The IP address in the screen shot belongs to Telegram Messenger, which is an app in the Google Play store.

If you have it installed, that explains it.

Edited by jwoods301, 13 July 2017 - 03:32 AM.

#3 Fekerley

Fekerley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:36 AM

The IP address in the screen shot belongs to Telegram Messenger, which is an app in the Google Play store.

pardon my ingnorance, but how do you find out which program this ip adress belongs to?

#4 Fekerley

Fekerley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:50 AM

Yes I have installed it. I kept denying the connection though but the messanger worked alright. I wonder why it is trying to connect. but anyway, it must be safe to allow it.

thank you for your reply!

Edited by Fekerley, 13 July 2017 - 12:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users