Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buying a IbuyPower warranty question

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 Shannonmelek

Shannonmelek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:42 PM

Understood, then getting into your new PC will be easier then :D
I did have to ask just in case you were deep in the apple ecosystem.

I mean I do have all my appointments and schedules intergraded with iCloud but it's fine because I still have a iphone. I do like apples but the computers are limited on they provide compared to PC. Seems like new macs are less equipped.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

I'm different!

• Members
  • 1,645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:45 PM

I would check out Newegg and see what they offer.

I have seen good deals on desktops similar to what is posted in your links above.

They also offer excellent kit builds and assembling a desktop is not hard to do.

As far as the Warranty or Service Plan I have seen Best Buy and Geek Squad repair and I was not impressed.

Just some thoughts.

Eh for pricing the best buy deal isnt so bad and is on par with common pricing on this desktop, the prices are not too different online for it.

Best Buy:

$1,149.99

Newegg:

$1,199.99

Amazon:

$1,139.99

Walmart:

$1,157.89

Pricier than Amazon yes but you do have a more direct line to return the machine IE going to the store as opposed to shipping it back to Amazon

Edited by MadmanRB, 13 July 2017 - 03:45 PM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

gh8un5-6.png

#18 Shannonmelek

Shannonmelek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:49 PM

I would check out Newegg and see what they offer.

I have seen good deals on desktops similar to what is posted in your links above.
They also offer excellent kit builds and assembling a desktop is not hard to do.

As far as the Warranty or Service Plan I have seen Best Buy and Geek Squad repair and I was not impressed.

Just some thoughts.

Eh for pricing the best buy deal isnt so bad and is on par with common pricing on this desktop, the prices are not too different online for it.

Best Buy:
$1,149.99

Newegg:
$1,199.99

Amazon:
$1,139.99

Walmart:
$1,157.89

Pricier than Amazon yes but you do have a more direct line to return the machine IE going to the store as opposed to shipping it back to Amazon
. I tried looking at amazon for that model I didn't see it. Can you provide the link?

#19 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

I'm different!

• Members
  • 1,645 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:50 PM

https://www.amazon.com/iBUYPOWER-AM3201PA-Desktop-Gaming-8-Core/dp/B06VY28PC9/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=HK1T5YTS8GF0N3EVK37T

Of course its up to you if you want to pick up in store or buy online, but again there is the advantage of Best buy being a physical store to pick it up at and they could help you ship it back if something goes wrong.

Edited by MadmanRB, 13 July 2017 - 03:53 PM.

Proud Vivaldi user.

gh8un5-6.png

#20 Shannonmelek

Shannonmelek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:54 PM

Very true. I'm in Hawaii so everything to ship in and out sucks. Amazon has a 4 year warranty is theirs any better or worse?

#21 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

I'm different!

• Members
  • 1,645 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:58 PM

Well in terms of warranty then Amazon will be better, Geek squad protection plans have renewals which in the long time will be more costly.

Since you live in Hawaii then yes I will deal with Best Buy, shipping back to Amazon can be a costly measure if you are worried about up front costs.

Edited by MadmanRB, 13 July 2017 - 03:58 PM.

Proud Vivaldi user.

gh8un5-6.png

#22 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 334 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:17 PM

Doesn't Amazon offer Prime Membership for free shipping although I am uncertain how the Prime Membership with Amazon works.

Perhaps worth looking into.

antiX-17.b1_x64-full keerfa 29 June 2017, Dell Precision WorkStation 380, Intel Pentium D 820 Smithfield  2.8 GHz Processor, 3.0 GB DDR2 Memory, NVIDIA NV44 [Quadro NVS 285] Graphics Card.

:idea: Save an Old Computer Install Linux.  :cool:

#23 Shannonmelek

Shannonmelek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:19 PM

Doesn't Amazon offer Prime Membership for free shipping although I am uncertain how the Prime Membership with Amazon works.

We have prime so free shipping thank goodness. I'm looking into amazon now lol

#24 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

I'm different!

• Members
  • 1,645 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:28 PM

Prime membership is $100 a year and monthly $10.99 

Proud Vivaldi user.

gh8un5-6.png

#25 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 334 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:34 PM

Wow what a Rip Off no wonder I have never liked or bought from Amazon.

antiX-17.b1_x64-full keerfa 29 June 2017, Dell Precision WorkStation 380, Intel Pentium D 820 Smithfield  2.8 GHz Processor, 3.0 GB DDR2 Memory, NVIDIA NV44 [Quadro NVS 285] Graphics Card.

#26 Shannonmelek

Shannonmelek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:39 PM

Wow what a Rip Off no wonder I have never liked or bought from Amazon.
we paid 100 a year no monthly payments and to us it's worth it since shipping a pencil can cost 30 dollars here lol 😂

#27 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 334 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:46 PM

I guess If you use Amazon regularly it would be worth it as I understand the cost of shipping on certain items.

I guess I'm just used to free shipping as if where I buy won't ship free I don't buy from there.

#28 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

I'm different!

• Members
  • 1,645 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:38 PM

Well Amazon True Value is it's free shipping I mean shipping charges can be quite outrageous even within the continental United States that's why I have Prime Membership because I have seen shipping charges be quite insane on larger items

Proud Vivaldi user.

gh8un5-6.png

#29 Shannonmelek

Shannonmelek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:39 PM

After looking at the 2 computers https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VY28PC9/ref=ox_sc_act_title_9?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1 and http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-desktop-amd-ryzen-7-series-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-240gb-solid-state-drive-1tb-hard-drive-black-white/5789055.p?skuId=5789055&productCategoryId=

Why are the model numbers different? Are these the same model if so why is the model numbers different. And if they are different whats the difference?

#30 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

I'm different!

• Members
  • 1,645 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:51 PM

No differences to my eyes, perhaps a part is different somewhere like say the motherboard or something i cannot tell as best buy does provide better information on the unit than amazon by listing its full specs.

For the price differences/model number I highly doubt its something mission critical.

Edited by MadmanRB, 17 July 2017 - 12:53 PM.

Proud Vivaldi user.

gh8un5-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users