Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't run clean reload of windows 10. Can't scan boot sector .

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Help4therestofus

Help4therestofus

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:00 AM

A cyberattack against my sibling started last year and has caused disastrous problems.  When I attempted to offer help, my systems seem to have ongoing problems that I can't seem to solve so that I no longer use my computer for anything but browsing and even then have been redirected at times.  The persons attacking my sibling are neighbors who built their own Linux internet server and have compromised our cellphones, computers, landlines, etc.  Any help to clean up my computer down to the root and keep all the unknow ip addresses from establishing connections would be very much appreciated.  Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:38 AM

Follow these instructions for downloading Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool and Rufus to create bootable installation media...

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/5162/windows-10-tip-create-windows-10-setup-media-the-right-way

Hopefully, you have reported this to law enforcement.

Edited by jwoods301, 13 July 2017 - 02:11 AM.

#3 Help4therestofus

Help4therestofus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:11 AM

Thank you for the link.  Will give it a try.  We reported this to every enforcement agency but could get no help.  We were told to provide proof.......we are not techies.....have no clue how to get "cyber proof".

#4 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:15 AM

It can be difficult.

The best defense against intrusions is setting up your security in layers (router, network, computer). Lots of information on BC on how to do that.

If you need to get your personal files off the computer before doing a clean install, you might find this article on making and using a Linux Live CD helpful...

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/31804/the-10-cleverest-ways-to-use-linux-to-fix-your-windows-pc/

See the topic Access or Backup Files from Your Dead Windows PC

Edited by jwoods301, 13 July 2017 - 02:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users