Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Networking 40+ devices

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 arlattimor

arlattimor

• Members
  • 591 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:43 AM

The reason I am asking you may be experiencing some sort of interference. So we need to narrow the problem down. Because those are good access points. So I am more than happy to help you resolve the problem.

A. Lattimore

CCNA, CWNA, MCITP, MCSA, MCT, MCP, Security+, Server+, Linux+, Network+, A+, CNST

Network Security Engineer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 mrtonkatrucks

mrtonkatrucks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:47 AM

No. Would this affect people not being able to connect even when standing right next to the AP?

#18 arlattimor

arlattimor

• Members
  • 591 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:47 AM

So you have Mac Address Reservation for each Access Point within the DHCP settings of the router? Technically Yes you can do that but I would recommend that you remote into each access point and statically assign the ip address to each access point.

Edited by arlattimor, 25 July 2017 - 12:48 AM.

A. Lattimore

CCNA, CWNA, MCITP, MCSA, MCT, MCP, Security+, Server+, Linux+, Network+, A+, CNST

#19 mrtonkatrucks

mrtonkatrucks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:51 AM

Yes.

Ok, I'll change the ISP router configuration to only have DHCP from 192.168.1.5-254 and have the APs manually configured with static IP outside of the DHCP pool as .2 .3 & .4 and see if that improves anything.

#20 arlattimor

arlattimor

• Members
  • 591 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:51 AM

Also what encryption are you using on the network? Some devices have issues with connecting with WPA2 Encryption. If you have the APs using WPA2 and you are having connectivity issues. Change it to WPA and that should resolve the connectivity problems.

A. Lattimore

#21 mrtonkatrucks

mrtonkatrucks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:53 AM

Yes. They are all WPA2 as far as I'm aware. I'll change all APs to WPA only and see what happens.

Fingers crossed!

#22 arlattimor

arlattimor

• Members
  • 591 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:00 AM

Make sure that you change the encryption on the devices that are connecting to the network are also using WPA.

A. Lattimore

#23 mrtonkatrucks

mrtonkatrucks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:03 AM

Yup I'll just 'forget network' on all devices and reset them back up.

#24 arlattimor

arlattimor

• Members
  • 591 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:05 AM

Good Man. Think you just about have this problem licked. :clapping:

A. Lattimore

#25 arlattimor

arlattimor

• Members
  • 591 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:13 AM

How are we looking so far there hard charging are we making progress we should be?

A. Lattimore

#26 arlattimor

arlattimor

• Members
  • 591 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:31 PM

One more thing there hard charger, I need for you to check again the firmware version of your WAPs. You mentioned earlier that mosts of your WAPs are new. That's wonderful I love working with new equipment. But there's no way of telling how long your WAPs have been sitting on the shelf in the warehouse before they were shipped to you.

TP-Link could have made several revisions of firmware for your WAPs. So just to be safe check and make sure you have the latest firmware my young Jedi Apprentice  :warrior:

http://www.tp-link.com/eg/download/TL-WA901ND.html#Firmware

A. Lattimore

#27 mrtonkatrucks

mrtonkatrucks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:39 PM

Some of the less than new APs are hardware V4 so I'll check the firmware on them but the newest ones are all V5 which only have release firmware available and weirdly isn't even listed on your link.

V5 seems to only be for my region atm - http://www.tp-link.com.au/download/TL-WA901ND.html#Firmware

#28 arlattimor

arlattimor

• Members
  • 591 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:47 PM

Wow yes, go with your links version and make sure all the WAPs have the same firmware version. Now, what's the progress looking like? Are you still having connectivity problems? Please give me an update. I want to make sure you are good to go. 

Edited by arlattimor, 25 July 2017 - 09:47 PM.

A. Lattimore

#29 arlattimor

arlattimor

• Members
  • 591 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:46 AM

Well, big guy, I am assuming that I've have helped resolve your issues. I've been waiting for a response from you. If you need anything don't hesitate to reach out ok my Young Jedi  Apprentice.  :luke:

Edited by arlattimor, 27 July 2017 - 12:46 AM.

A. Lattimore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users