My computer in my room connects via wifi with the wifi extender about five meters away and the router about 10 meters away. When my computer is off, internet is fine. When my computer is on and connects to the network, thats when the internet and all devices connected to it slow way down. Occasionally its ok which drives me insane. i got my computer brand new just last November. Steam game updates shows a very inconsistent download rate and task manager's wifi performance shows similar results (sign-wave wise).
Processor: Intel® Core i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20GHz
Installed Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Things ive tried;
- Testing wifi signal strength by using my android in the same room my computers in. Internet speed was around 7 Mbps (which is good for this household) but then drops down to around 2 Mbps when i turn on my computer
- Replaced and upgraded my wifi adaptor to Broadcom 802.11ac
- Ethernet connection makes no difference
- Works fine on other networks (friend's house and had it looked at under warranty)
- CMD commands such as dns flsuhes and winsock resets
- Modem restart
- Scanned for viruses (Malware Bytes, Trend Micro and windows defender)
- Calling internet provider
- Replaced modem
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance
Edited by Jitterbug28, 12 July 2017 - 11:10 PM.