Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No signal after windows 10 logo

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Varcoe88

Varcoe88

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:45 PM

I've recently built a computer for a friend which has worked perfectly before giving it to them and it's worked for them until now. 

He tried loading a game and got no signal from the pc using his tv as a monitor. Resetting the pc causes it to get to the windows 10 loading screen and then give no signal when going to the log in screen. It does however work fine if it is plugged in to another tv using hdmi or a monitor using DVI so i know the graphics card and drivers are fine. It can also display if the tv is connected via hdmi after the DVI monitor and the tv is set to mirror the monitor. 

Any other attempt to boot using only this particular tv results in no signal even though the pc is running and loading fine and all other displays work fine. 

Pc specs are:

Gigabyte 
Core i5 7400
8gb ddr4
Gtx 780 to
Corsair cx650m
Windows 10 pro

Tv is a Toshiba 40BV700B

Monitor is just an old generic monitor. I have tried changing resolutions and none have worked. The only other thing that allows the tv to display through hdmi again is by plugging in the monitor and disabling the graphics adapter. Plug the tv back in and it displays until reactivating it. Even a fresh install of the drivers causes no signal yet it displays fine on everything else.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users