Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Updated graphic driver causes many issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Summoner99

Summoner99

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:43 AM

Yesterday morning, my computer was running fine. Nothing abnormal same rate if loading for various things like webpages or YouTube videos. The latter being comfortably viewed in 720p60fps.
About midday yesterday I saw that I could update my graphic driver which I did. After doing so, I noticed many things were suddenly not working. Firstly, the YouTube webpages load just fine but the videos stop to buffer every few seconds even at 144p. Then I noticed that most other websites would not load in any regard.
I tried troubleshooting myself but to no avail, which is why I am posting here. Any guidance as to how I should proceed would be appreciated
For reference, my graphics driver was Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family version 7.14.0010.1132 and now it is version 7.14.10.1504.
Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:47 AM

About midday yesterday I saw that I could update my graphic driver which I did

explain this process in detail,

what told you, you could update?

worst case scenario, do a system restore to previous of your driver update

#3 Summoner99

Summoner99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:57 AM

Umm well what I said wasn't precise. For another issue (irrelevant to this and minor) I tried updating my graphics driver as was suggested elsewhere to solve the issue. What I did is I went to Hps website, their support section and found my way to the drivers available and downloaded this newer version. That was yesterday and I can't accurately recall nor can I easily access that page because it isn't loading on my computer. Hope that answers your question.
Also since you mentioned a system restore, how would I go about doing that?

#4 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:01 AM

Umm well what I said wasn't precise. For another issue (irrelevant to this and minor) I tried updating my graphics driver as was suggested elsewhere to solve the issue. What I did is I went to Hps website, their support section and found my way to the drivers available and downloaded this newer version. That was yesterday and I can't accurately recall nor can I easily access that page because it isn't loading on my computer. Hope that answers your question.
Also since you mentioned a system restore, how would I go about doing that?

click start and type system restore in the search box,

once system restore opens, choose a restore point that is before the time and date when you updated the driver

Edited by mikey11, 12 July 2017 - 11:01 AM.

#5 Summoner99

Summoner99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:28 AM

Thank you. That is a feature I was unaware of, and that obviously solved the issue. Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users