Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infinite Loading Screen ~ BSoD on startup

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Kondou-Shinichi

Kondou-Shinichi

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:35 AM

More detailed thread at https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/650072/bsod-on-startup/ last post on page 1
if it was only bsod then i wouldn't want to post here
so, in short, im stuck in the boot loading screen (but got past the part with logo)
cannot boot to safe mode.
i got recommended by someone on the thread to go here, so yea im here
thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:07 AM

After reading through your thread  I believe the best option is to backup any important data on the computer along with any licenses for purchased software and reinstall the OS using the Media Creation Tool.

Use this guide. It's for Windows 8 but the steps are the same for 10. Delete all existing partitions.

After setting up 10 and installing your programs create a complete disk image backup to a USB external drive using software like Macrium Reflect Free or Aomei Backupper Standard. Both allow you to create bootable media to restore the image from the external drive should the computer no longer boot due to file system corruption or a failing drive. This would allow you to be back up in minutes.

Edited by JohnC_21, 12 July 2017 - 10:07 AM.

#3 Kondou-Shinichi

Kondou-Shinichi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:27 PM

ok, ill try that

Edited by Kondou-Shinichi, 12 July 2017 - 07:11 PM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,630 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:38 PM

Other than doing a reset which you have already attempted. It's possible you have a factory reset partition on the hard drive if the computer is OEM that is started by tapping a key at boot.

If you have the Creator's update there is supposed to be a new option called Fresh Start but you can only access it from within Windows. It downloads the install media from the internet and reinstalls Windows while keeping your files intact. A factory reset will not do this.

http://winsupersite.com/creators-update/windows-10-creators-update-use-reset-pc-or-fresh-start-options-troublesome-systems

#5 Kondou-Shinichi

Kondou-Shinichi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:13 PM

so with the program you mentioned, i can create a image from the "backup" done from the lifewire method?

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,630 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:25 PM

so with the program you mentioned, i can create a image from the "backup" done from the lifewire method?

I am not sure I understand what you mean by creating an image from the backup. The lifewire link I posted was how to do a clean install using media, either DVD or USB flash drive, using the Media Creation Tool I linked to. The Media Creation Tool is run on a Windows 7 or later computer to allow you to create a bootable DVD or USB flash drive of Windows 10.

Is there any data you currently need on the hard drive?

Edited by JohnC_21, 12 July 2017 - 07:26 PM.

#7 Kondou-Shinichi

Kondou-Shinichi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:34 PM

yes, i do need the datas.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,630 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:52 PM

What is the make and model of the computer?

You can approach this two ways. One is to remove the hard drive from your computer and attach it to another using a USB adapter similar to this one. If you prefer not to remove the hard drive because it's not easily accessible you can boot a live linux distro and copy the files to either another USB flash drive or USB external drive.

For someone familiar with Windows linux Mint is a good option. You will need to disable SecureBoot in your UEFI options if your computer came pre-installed with Windows 8 or 10. HP computers allow you to boot legacy mode by tapping Esc at boot. 

After downloading the Mint iso file you can burn the iso on a Windows 7 or later computer by right clicking and selecting Burn Disk Image. You can also use Rufus with the iso file to create a bootable USB flash drive. 

Linux Mint Cinnamon Download from any of the mirrors. Boot the DVD or USB flash drive of Mint. You may need to tap a key at boot to select your boot device. That is why I am asking for the make and model of the computer. At the Mint Desktop attach your USB external drive or USB flash drive. Open Computer and browse your hard drive. Your data will be in the USERS directory. Copy and paste the data to the USB external or USB flash drive.

#9 Kondou-Shinichi

Kondou-Shinichi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:57 PM

honestly, can i just backup my files and then reinstall windows, as i don't really understand what the hell is this all about

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,630 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:10 PM

If you are in a boot loop how can you access Windows to backup your files? Can you boot into Windows?

#11 Kondou-Shinichi

Kondou-Shinichi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:11 PM

i can boot up to start up repair, and those advanced options.
isnt there some backup bootable disks?

Edited by Kondou-Shinichi, 12 July 2017 - 09:12 PM.

#12 Kondou-Shinichi

Kondou-Shinichi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:12 PM

or am i just totally mistaken how they work lol

#13 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,630 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:15 PM

There are no backup disks available from those options. If you can boot to startup repair you would be able to copy files using the command prompt but that is much more difficult than simply booting Linux Mint. Once you are at the Mint Desktop click the Computer icon. It's very similar to Windows.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Edit: If you decide to boot Mint, let it run until it gets to the Desktop. Do not input any information until you see the desktop with the Computer Icon.

Edited by JohnC_21, 12 July 2017 - 09:21 PM.

#14 Kondou-Shinichi

Kondou-Shinichi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:43 PM

im not quite sure what does make and model name means.
can you provide me like a command line, and ill just put the results

Edited by Kondou-Shinichi, 12 July 2017 - 09:43 PM.

#15 Kondou-Shinichi

Kondou-Shinichi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:49 PM

ok, i know what youre talking about now.
The make is HP
Model is Pavilion Desktop (400-588hk)
do you have something like a discord or whatsapp or anything? cause it'll be more faster in my opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users