Today at work I reset to factory settings a Toshiba Portege Laptop z30-c-135 after a failed windows update. On the laptop I had installed Microsoft Office Home and Business 2016 and it was working fine!
After the reset I reinstalled Microsoft Office Home and attempted to setup again my work email (a pop account type) in Outlook 2016 (version 1706, Build 8229.2073) unsuccessfully.
I executed the following steps from auto account setup wizard:
- I entered my email address and checked "Let me set up my account manually".
- In choose account type I clicked on POP.
- I entered POP account settings for the email address and press connect. (the settings were double checked)
- In the pop-up window I entered the username and password and clicked OK.
- Message appears "Something went wrong and Outlook couldn't set up your account. Please try again. If the problem continues, contact your email administrator".
I noticed that the auto account setup windows was different from the last time that I setup the same email account without any issues. Most probably Microsoft updated auto account setup windows in the last office update and something went wrong.
Please note that I also tried thunderbird on the same laptop and it was working with POP and IMAP settings without any issues.
Informations that might help:- Microsoft Office Home and Business 2016 has the latest updates and my mail server is a Postfix.
Did someone else experienced the same problem in Outlook 2016 and resolved it?
Thanks for any help!
Edited by hamluis, 11 July 2017 - 06:39 PM.
Moved from Bus Apps to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.