Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Random "pauses" when gaming on high end PC

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 EnvyMe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:34 PM

My Specs:
CPU - Intel® Core™ i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 970
MB - MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
RAM - CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 
PSU - CORSAIR - CX Series Modular CX750M 750W ATX Power Supply

Recently my son spilled milk on my PSU which was a Silencer Series 850 Watt 80+ Gold Power Supply. After replacing it with the CX750 I began to experience some weird problems(although not sure if the PSU is the cause). I have a temp sensor that is obviously broken(readings of 127C and -127C) and while gaming I get these random frame drops from perfect 120fps to 0fps INSTANTLY. These pauses only last a second at most and only happen a few times throughout a game. I was wondering if anyone had any advice based off this description? I am attatching an image of a Speedfan reading as well as my DXDIAG.

DXDIAG: https://ufile.io/o5tlt

Speedfan PRTSCRN:http://goo.gl/Qmy2gT

Edited by hamluis, 11 July 2017 - 03:07 PM.
Moved from Computer Gaming to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users