Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

h81m-p33 motherboard usb 3.0 ports running at 2.1 speed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mike3245

Mike3245

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:18 AM

im having an issue with my board after i swapped it out with a newer msi board then put it back in cause the other one had heat issues and ive noticed my ports now don't run like they used too is there a way to fix this maybe through windows ive update bios still nothing is there a program to uninstall all previous drivers of other motherboard from my windows or something to help with this thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:59 AM

If these motherboards had different hardware you can't expect Windows to run properly when switching motherboards. You can see this post by BC member FreeBooter on how to remove drivers but if there was a different chipset on the motherboards I would recommend a clean install of the OS after backing up your data and any license files you have for software you purchased.

If it's just a matter of USB3 then I would go to your MB support site and reinstall the USB3 drivers.

#3 Mike3245

Mike3245
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:15 AM

its msi like the last one and uses the same model for the processors 4th gen

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:05 AM

Is the chipset identical? Did you try reinstalling your USB 3 drivers from the website?

Windows 8 and 10 have native USB 3 drivers so if you are running one of those OSs there will be no USB 3 driver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users