Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Simplest VPN solution on ERLite‑3?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aznphatb0i

aznphatb0i

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:47 PM

Hey fellas!

1. My office internet is powered by an ERLite-3
2. There are a couple of devices on my LAN that can only be accessed via local IP (think Android ADB)
3. I would like to allow 2-3 remote users who live geographically far away to access the office local network so they can access these devices. They are trusted users.

What is the simplest solution here? I think a VPN is the right tool for the job - if so what are the steps of the simplest ERLite-3 VPN option for the described problem?

Appreciate your expertise!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:00 PM

you load the vpn client on the remote machines and configure the vpn access on the router. review the router docs for details

#3 aznphatb0i

aznphatb0i
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:50 PM

Thanks for the reply!

It looks like I L2TP/IPSEC is available and hardware accelerated, would using that directly on my ER3L be the best option for my purposes?

#4 toofarnorth

toofarnorth

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:41 PM

Hello

The solution doesnt require additional investments and using IPSEC is very secure.

I would start with this solution.
If people complain about ease of use you can look into other ways of doing things.

Hth!

tfn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users