Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Has Taken Ill - Excessive HDD Activity, Sluggish/Unstable Load of Apps

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 CorruptCoW

CorruptCoW

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:50 PM

Recently, my computer has been showing some signs of being under the weather. I am hoping someone is able to help diagnose a possible problem and ideally fix it back up to a reliable trustworthy state.

The most obvious signs and symptoms:

- excessive and constant hard drive activity. The HDD light is on more than it is off, and stay illuminated for lengthy (for computers) spells, pausing for a very brief moment to only resume another lengthy spell of activity. If not pulsing with stretches of activity, there are lengthy periods of rapid HDD chatter (not an audible chatter, but rapid periods of HDD flickering).

- applications are incredibly slow to launch. Sometimes so slow they fail to load.

- inability to create or maintain restore points. I have had this issue for about a week now, and have managed to intentionally create successful restore oints. However, after shutting down and restarting, launching system restore results in a message indicating that no restore points exist. This I find most unnerving. I know the importance of restore points and have been consciously making them recently only to find they don't exist after restarting my computer.

- it appears I am unable to repair my Windows 7 installation as there are no restore points to fall back on

I have done independent virus scans with both Bitdefender and MalwareBytes with no findings. I have conducted a chkdsk with no repairs having had been needed. I have defragmented and no improvement. I have replaced my video driver. Bitdefender was throwing critical errors for a while when this problem first started, so I unistalled it and reinstalled it along with Firefox that was also acting very oddly.

It appears that the same behaviour exists in safe mode, where attempts to launch some applications take forever, if they happen at all.

Has anyone any suggestions on what maybe happening?

I have attached a Speccy report on my system information.

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 25 August 2017 - 04:10 AM.
Moved from Crashes/BSODs to Win 7, then to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:41 AM

Please read the instructions for posting in this forum, and supply the requested information.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

#3 CorruptCoW

CorruptCoW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:29 PM

Oh, sorry jwoods. I will follow the instructions. I only hesitated not to since I am not experiencing BSOD and thought these instructions were specific to BSOD.

· System Manufacturer - homebuilt
        · Exact model number (if laptop, check the label on bottom) - homebuilt
        · OS - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, or Vista?  - Windows 7 SP1
        · x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit)? - 64bit
        · What was original installed OS on system? - Windows 7 64bit
        · Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? - full retail
        · Age of the computer (hardware) - <3 years
        · Age of OS installation - and whether you have re-installed the OS - <3 years - never reinstalled

· Laptop or Desktop computer? - Desktop
             · CPU - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz
             · Video Card - 3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (EVGA)
                 If Desktop please also include:
                      · MotherBoard - Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z170XP-SLI-CF (U3E1)
                      · Power Supply - brand & wattage

Attached Files

Edited by CorruptCoW, 11 July 2017 - 06:30 PM.

#4 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:37 PM

No worries.

You posted in this forum, so that's why the information is requested.

The Sysnative tools push out a lot of good diagnostic information that is helpful in troubleshooting other types of issues, as well as BSOD's.

#5 CorruptCoW

CorruptCoW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:48 AM

I am going to assume it was a corrupted Windows file. After a reinstall of Windows (without reformat), and taking the updates, things appear to have resolved themselves.

#6 CorruptCoW

CorruptCoW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:45 AM

It has been some time since I've had to rely on this post.

But, after having thought the problem was resolved, I've discovered it to be only temporary. Whatever is going on has found it's way back to creating misery in my daily routine. My computer, in it's current state has been basically rendered useless.

Here are my symptoms ...

Computer will boot up into Windows 7, in most cases, fine in both regular and safe mode.

The time it takes for the computer to stablize to a point of using it (ie all the startup apps executed, internet connected etc) takes a longer than normal time, but bearable.

Once the computer stabilizes, use of the computer, whether idle or through the use of an application works OK.

Within 5 minutes, the computer becomes unstable.

The harddrive light, rather than it's normal flickering, pulses. Long periods of access (5-10 seconds), followed by a quick pause in activity. This repeats itself indefinitately.

Applications in use become unstable, "Not responding", spinning cursor. Periodically there will be a brief period of response, catching up on any mouse or key commands given previously, only to go unresponsive again. Sometimes, the application windows simply turn black.

Sometimes the Taskbar will disappear, turn black.

Launching any new application during this state takes forever to launch, if it launches at all. 

Bringing up the task manager is sluggish, takes forever, and when it does show up, disabling processes and running applications too is super slow. Often times Task Manager will go "Not responding". Same thing bring up Control Panel to check hardware. Don't even think about trying to uninstall anything in this condition.

I have waited for over an hour to see the results, but this scenario continues until one of two things happens. A hard reset, or, although rare, a BSOD.

It is rare I get any errors. The only time I get errors seems to come from trying uninstallations etc. One that does pop up frequently is "Windows Explorer has stopped working". It takes a loooooong time for it to restart. I can't even say for certain if it does.

My unqualified opinion is that something is taxing the system preventing the efficient allocation of resources. I'm not sure if it's system resources, or harddrive related. 

Things I have so far tried to do to isolate the cause.

- Virus and malware checks by two different virus scanners. Both turned up negative.

- Uninstalled antivirus (BitDefender) with no change.

- Tried a different antivirus (AVast). No change.

- Took out all known startup apps with the exception of the antirus to isolate any startup apps that may be causing problems.

- Uninstalled my backup software to isolate it as the cause

- have monitored "Autoruns64" to identify anything suspicious. Some concerning missing files, but not knowledgeable enough to consider therm culprits.

- monitored "ProcMon64" (process monitor), but again, limited knowledge doesn't help in identifying any culprits. Basically watching it to see what might be hopping all the resources, but finding nothing alarming.

- ran chkdsk as startup. It fixed a few errors, but no resolve

- uninstalled most recent Nvidia Driver, and running with barebones WIndows 7 default driver.

- various combinations of start/restart via Windows (when I can) from both regular and safe mode. (This problem exists in safe mode as well.)

So, here I am again, turning to those with far greater experience and familiarity than I to hopefully help me overcome this issue. Ideally with as little inconvenience as possible.

I'm sure I could repair my WIndows 7 installation as I had done originally. Not ideal, but an option that will result in the least recovery. Last time I did it though, I was annoyed (mildly when I considered my options) at having to go through the process of reinstalling all the updates, and having to reconfigure all my OS settings. It took a while to get things back to normal. Having done that though, I fear it's only a matter of time before something unknown that may still exist, corrupts it again. I will find myself enduring this on a monthly basis if I can't find out what is causing it.

The other option is start fresh. Reformat, reinstall. A great headache as we all know and a last resort I would think. I have other applications installed on a second drive, which I assume would also have to wiped of it's contents and uninstalled to maintain the connections between the two drives.

And all this ... only to fear that their is a hardware issue. Perhaps the hard drive is failing (however, not getting any physical indication like odd noises or anything), or some other sinister hardware. On that note, let me share that when I first posted this problem in July, I had gone through the process of removing pieces of hardware (graphics card, usb card, memory modules one by one) to see if perhaps I could isolate a fault with one of those. Everything appeared to work fine.

In advance, thank you for all those that have the inclination to help identify and fix this problem. I have had great experience here and I am confident that any suggestions, opinions are credible and based on solid knowledge and experience. 

Edited by CorruptCoW, 22 August 2017 - 07:50 AM.

#7 CorruptCoW

CorruptCoW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:46 PM

A chkdsk run netted no problems. A memory check came up with no problems.

Attempts to do an sfc /scannow failed with one of two messages .... some prerequisite process had been started, or, another maintenance or diagnostic process is waiting to be completed first. \a reboot is required.

Windows System Monitor (or process monitor ... can't recall) was monitored to see which processes that were running and had the highest and drive activity and largest number of CPU threads. This turned out to be Avast Antivirus. It took me a while,but after uninstalling it and restarting, it was discovered this made little to no difference.

It took me six hours, but I was finally able to create a Sysnative Collection. I can't say for certain whether it completed, or BSOD'd before it completed. My file is considerably smaller than the one I created last month. It too may be a victim of the instability being experienced.

I hope it can be of benefit to someone.

Attached Files

Edited by CorruptCoW, 22 August 2017 - 08:53 PM.

#8 CorruptCoW

CorruptCoW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:15 AM

I am fearful that this problem appears to have a family of knowledgeable people stumped. Not even a speculation or a guess ...

At this point, I fear there is no easy solution. I unfortunately am unable to hold off on doing something to restore order to my system, but I would prefer to get an educated suggestion.

My immediate options to overcome this difficult problem -

1 .Reinstall Windows 7 as I had before (knowing that this will likely resurface again at some time in the future. This will require a lot of time taking updates, as well as having to reinstall all the software on this harddrive, as well as a second in which I have applications installed as well)

2. Purchase and replace the harddrive, doing all the above from step 1. OK if this is indeed turns out to be HD problem afterall. But an unnecessary expense if the problem resurfaces again due to undetected malicious activity or other software conflict.

Thoughts?

Edited by CorruptCoW, 23 August 2017 - 09:16 AM.

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:32 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

post-33068-0-86653600-1480692866_thumb.j

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot.

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the ADD REPLY or REPLY TO THIS TOPIC button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

#10 CorruptCoW

CorruptCoW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:50 PM

Oh hello Louis ... thank you so much for your reply.

Once I return home I will certainly do as suggested. One question ... can I do these things in safe mode? It seems to be providing a bit more stability. I assume not since a true picture of the normal system isn't being captured, but this may take some time in it's current state.

I will provide another speccy report, but I do have one from my OP in July. Hardware wise little has changed. It might give you a head start?

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,386 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:13 PM

The hardware data reflected on Speccy...is only part of the potentially useful data it reflects.  Other facets include processes running, RAM usage by each process and current status of temps for hardware items.  The most current data is the the most useful data.

Speccy and MTB...;can be run in safe mode...but I would try it in normal boot mode first.  Safe mode will not incorporate drivers for hardware and software which may be problem areas, since safe mode loads only the Windows default drivers.

Please...follow the guidance provided for submitting those two items.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 23 August 2017 - 01:14 PM.

#12 CorruptCoW

CorruptCoW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:24 PM

I managed to capture all this information before thec omputer became unstable. My first attempt put Speccy into an infinite "Not responding".

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 17-06-2016
Ran by KILLINS16 (administrator) on 23-08-2017 at 16:11:58
Running from "C:\Users\KILLINS16\Desktop"
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium  Service Pack 1 (X64)
Model: Z170XP-SLI Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (08/23/2017 03:54:33 PM) (Source: WinMgmt) (User: )
Description: //./root/CIMV2SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 990x80041003

Error: (08/23/2017 07:53:34 AM) (Source: WinMgmt) (User: )
Description: //./root/CIMV2SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 990x80041003

Error: (08/23/2017 07:46:24 AM) (Source: WinMgmt) (User: )

Error: (08/23/2017 07:42:26 AM) (Source: WinMgmt) (User: )

Error: (08/23/2017 07:32:04 AM) (Source: WinMgmt) (User: )

Error: (08/23/2017 07:24:47 AM) (Source: WinMgmt) (User: )

Error: (08/23/2017 07:14:39 AM) (Source: WinMgmt) (User: )

Error: (08/23/2017 07:06:52 AM) (Source: WinMgmt) (User: )

Error: (08/23/2017 07:00:42 AM) (Source: WinMgmt) (User: )

Error: (08/23/2017 06:57:41 AM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Windows cannot access the file C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Projects\SystemIndex\Indexer\CiFiles\00010016.ci for one of the following reasons: There is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing.  Windows closed the program Microsoft Windows Search Indexer because of this error.
Program: Microsoft Windows Search Indexer
File: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Projects\SystemIndex\Indexer\CiFiles\00010016.ci
The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again.  This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2.  If the file still cannot be accessed and i It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.  If it is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.
Additional Data
Error value: C0000185
Disk type: 3

System errors:
=============
Error: (08/23/2017 04:10:30 PM) (Source: EventLog) (User: )
Description: The previous system shutdown at 3:59:45 PM on ‎8/‎23/‎2017 was unexpected.

Error: (08/23/2017 04:10:08 PM) (Source: atapi) (User: )
Description: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort0.

Error: (08/23/2017 04:10:08 PM) (Source: atapi) (User: )
Description: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort0.

Error: (08/23/2017 04:02:36 PM) (Source: DCOM) (User: )
Description: 1053gupdate/comsvc{4EB61BAC-A3B6-4760-9581-655041EF4D69}

Error: (08/23/2017 03:59:51 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The Google Update Service (gupdate) service failed to start due to the following error: %%1053 = The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Error: (08/23/2017 03:59:51 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Google Update Service (gupdate) service to connect.

Error: (08/23/2017 03:58:47 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the WSearch service.

Error: (08/23/2017 03:58:17 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the LanmanServer service.

Error: (08/23/2017 03:57:55 PM) (Source: DCOM) (User: )
Description: {752073A1-23F2-4396-85F0-8FDB879ED0ED}

Error: (08/23/2017 03:58:09 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The Google Update Service (gupdate) service failed to start due to the following error:  %%1053 = The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Microsoft Office Sessions:
=========================
Error: (08/23/2017 04:12:00 PM) (Source: WinMgmt)(User: )

Error: (08/23/2017 03:54:33 PM) (Source: WinMgmt)(User: )

Error: (08/23/2017 07:53:34 AM) (Source: WinMgmt)(User: )

Error: (08/23/2017 07:46:24 AM) (Source: WinMgmt)(User: )

Error: (08/23/2017 07:42:26 AM) (Source: WinMgmt)(User: )

Error: (08/23/2017 07:32:04 AM) (Source: WinMgmt)(User: )

Error: (08/23/2017 07:24:47 AM) (Source: WinMgmt)(User: )

Error: (08/23/2017 07:14:39 AM) (Source: WinMgmt)(User: )

Error: (08/23/2017 07:06:52 AM) (Source: WinMgmt)(User: )

Error: (08/23/2017 07:00:42 AM) (Source: WinMgmt)(User: )

CodeIntegrity Errors:
===================================
  Date: 2017-07-13 20:38:08.448
  Description: Windows is unable to verify the image integrity of the file \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\drivers\wdcsam64.sys because file hash could not be found on the system. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.

Date: 2017-07-13 20:38:08.448
  Description: Windows is unable to verify the image integrity of the file \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\drivers\wdcsam64.sys because file hash could not be found on the system. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.

Date: 2017-07-13 20:29:47.775

Date: 2017-07-13 20:29:47.775

Date: 2017-07-13 20:26:35.962

Date: 2017-07-13 20:26:35.962

Date: 2017-07-13 20:22:15.865

Date: 2017-07-13 20:22:15.865

=========================== Installed Programs ============================
767 Captain (767-300 Base Pack) (HKLM-x32\...\767CAPTAIN) (Version: 1.5.00 - © 1999-2011 Captain Sim)
Active Sky Next for FSX SP5 (HKLM-x32\...\{F1AE1E08-5094-46AD-AA4D-670C482723B2}_is1) (Version: 1.0.6255.21938 - HiFi Technologies, Inc.)
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (HKLM-x32\...\{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-AC0F074E4100}) (Version: 17.012.20095 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)
Adobe Flash Player 26 NPAPI (HKLM-x32\...\Adobe Flash Player NPAPI) (Version: 26.0.0.151 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)
Adobe Flash Player 26 PPAPI (HKLM-x32\...\Adobe Flash Player PPAPI) (Version: 26.0.0.151 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)
Aerosoft's - Airbus X Extended - FSX (HKLM-x32\...\Airbus X Extended - FSX) (Version: 1.16 - Aerosoft)
aerosoft's - Huey X (HKLM-x32\...\{F8F3F4BD-A69A-4345-AE81-656862093FBE}) (Version: 1.00 - aerosoft)
AI Carriers (HKLM-x32\...\AICarriers) (Version:  - )
Airport Design Editor 170 (HKLM-x32\...\{FACD7476-0E32-4A35-9741-1049BE879267}) (Version: 1.70.6029.0 - ScruffyDuck Software)
AivlaSoft EFB (HKLM-x32\...\AivlaSoft EFB) (Version: 1.3.10 - AivlaSoft GmbH)
Apowersoft Online Launcher version 1.6.1 (HKCU\...\{20BF67A8-D81A-4489-8225-FABAA0896E2D}_is1) (Version: 1.6.1 - APOWERSOFT LIMITED)
ASConnect for FSX Installer (HKLM-x32\...\{7E1270D4-42C4-49A4-9EC4-3300D2E47331}_is1) (Version: 1.0.0.34 - HiFi Technologies, Inc.)
Asmedia USB Host Controller Driver (HKLM-x32\...\{E4FB0B39-C991-4EE7-95DD-1A1A7857D33D}) (Version: 1.16.35.1 - Asmedia Technology)
B200 King Air HD SERIES FSX/P3D (HKLM-x32\...\B200 King Air HD SERIES FSX/P3D) (Version: 1.00.00.00 - Carenado)
C-130 X-perience Pro Pack 1.3 (HKLM-x32\...\C130XPRO) (Version: 1.3.00 - © 1999-2008 Captain Sim)
CE208EX HD SERIES FSX/P3D (HKLM-x32\...\CE208EX HD SERIES FSX/P3D) (Version: 1.00.00.00 - Carenado)
CPUID CPU-Z 1.77 (HKLM\...\CPUID CPU-Z_is1) (Version:  - )
CutePDF Writer 3.1 (HKLM\...\CutePDF Writer Installation) (Version:  3.1 - Acro Software Inc.)
Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows 1.31 (HKLM-x32\...\{519C4DB6-B53B-4F5C-8297-89B2BE949FA5}_is1) (Version:  - Western Digital Corporation)
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard (HKLM\...\EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard_is1) (Version:  - EaseUS)
Flight Simulator X (HKLM-x32\...\RTMshadow_{A9729B90-D37B-4A69-B66A-7436AC1F7274}) (Version:  - )
Flight Simulator X Service Pack 1 (HKLM-x32\...\SP1shadow_{A9729B90-D37B-4A69-B66A-7436AC1F7274}) (Version:  - )
FlightBeam Phoenix Sky Harbor FSX (HKLM-x32\...\FlightBeam Phoenix Sky Harbor FSX_is1) (Version: 1.3.0 - FlightBeam)
Free Video Joiner (HKLM-x32\...\{14FA6DD9-92ED-493D-A937-81A78870E08A}_is1) (Version:  - FreeVideoJoiner.com)
FS2Crew: PMDG 737 NGX Edition (HKLM-x32\...\FS2Crew: PMDG 737 NGX Edition) (Version:  - )
FSDreamTeam GSX FSX (HKLM-x32\...\FSDreamTeam GSX FSX_is1) (Version: 1.9.9.5 - VIRTUALI Sagl)
FTX AU GOLD Version 1.0 (HKCU\...\FTX AU GOLD Version 1.0) (Version:  - )
FTX Global Base Pack (HKLM-x32\...\FTX Global Base Pack1.40) (Version: 1.40 - Orbx Simulation Systems Pty Ltd)
GEPath 1.4.6 (HKLM-x32\...\ST6UNST #1) (Version:  - )
Google Earth Pro (HKLM-x32\...\{ECF2E224-42F5-4E50-B58E-94CA70E85697}) (Version: 7.3.0.3832 - Google)
Google Update Helper (HKLM-x32\...\{60EC980A-BDA2-4CB6-A427-B07A5498B4CA}) (Version: 1.3.33.5 - Google Inc.) Hidden
Google Update Helper (HKLM-x32\...\{A92DAB39-4E2C-4304-9AB6-BC44E68B55E2}) (Version: 1.3.21.169 - Google Inc.) Hidden
Grand Theft Auto V (HKLM-x32\...\{E01FA564-2094-4833-8F2F-1FFEC6AFCC46}) (Version: "1.00.0000" - Rockstar Games)
HD Video Converter Factory 10.1 (HKLM-x32\...\HD Video Converter Factory) (Version: 10.1 - WonderFox Soft, Inc.)
Intel® Chipset Device Software (HKLM-x32\...\{c7f54569-0018-439c-809a-48046a4d4ebc}) (Version: 10.1.1.9 - Intel® Corporation) Hidden
Intel® Management Engine Components (HKLM\...\{1CEAC85D-2590-4760-800F-8DE5E91F3700}) (Version: 11.6.0.1030 - Intel Corporation)
Intel® Network Connections 20.7.67.0 (HKLM\...\PROSetDX) (Version: 20.7.67.0 - Intel)
Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver (HKLM-x32\...\{240C3DDD-C5E9-4029-9DF7-95650D040CF2}) (Version: 4.0.1.40 - Intel Corporation)
Java 8 Update 131 (HKLM-x32\...\{26A24AE4-039D-4CA4-87B4-2F32180131F0}) (Version: 8.0.1310.11 - Oracle Corporation)
Just Flight - 800XP BizJet for FSX (HKLM-x32\...\{DB8996ED-3409-4405-AC33-1FD62C44682D}) (Version: 1.00.0000 - Just Flight)
LSPD First Response (HKLM-x32\...\LSPD First Response) (Version: 0.3.1 - G17 Media)
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 2.2.1.1043 (HKLM-x32\...\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware_is1) (Version: 2.2.1.1043 - Malwarebytes)
Meazure 2.0.1 (HKLM-x32\...\Meazure_is1) (Version: 2.0.1 - C Thing Software)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 (HKLM\...\{92FB6C44-E685-45AD-9B20-CADF4CABA132} - 1033) (Version: 4.7.02053 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft ActiveX Control Pad (HKLM-x32\...\ActiveXControlPad) (Version:  - )
Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Acceleration (HKLM-x32\...\FlightSim_{A9729B90-D37B-4A69-B66A-7436AC1F7274}) (Version: 10.0.61637.0 - Microsoft Game Studios)
Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Acceleration SDK (HKLM-x32\...\{CF56984D-35C6-4ADB-9075-394978A427FB}) (Version: 10.0.61637.0 - Microsoft Game Studios)
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 (HKLM\...\Office14.PROPLUSR) (Version: 14.0.7015.1000 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express LocalDB  (HKLM\...\{6C026A91-640F-4A23-8B68-05D589CC6F18}) (Version: 11.1.3000.0 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (HKLM-x32\...\{710f4c1c-cc18-4c49-8cbf-51240c89a1a2}) (Version: 8.0.61001 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (HKLM-x32\...\{7299052b-02a4-4627-81f2-1818da5d550d}) (Version: 8.0.56336 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17 (HKLM-x32\...\{9A25302D-30C0-39D9-BD6F-21E6EC160475}) (Version: 9.0.30729 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161 (HKLM-x32\...\{9BE518E6-ECC6-35A9-88E4-87755C07200F}) (Version: 9.0.30729.6161 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 (HKLM\...\{1D8E6291-B0D5-35EC-8441-6616F567A0F7}) (Version: 10.0.40219 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 (HKLM-x32\...\{F0C3E5D1-1ADE-321E-8167-68EF0DE699A5}) (Version: 10.0.40219 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86) - 11.0.51106 (HKLM-x32\...\{8e70e4e1-06d7-470b-9f74-a51bef21088e}) (Version: 11.0.51106.1 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) - 12.0.30501 (HKLM-x32\...\{050d4fc8-5d48-4b8f-8972-47c82c46020f}) (Version: 12.0.30501.0 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) - 12.0.30501 (HKLM-x32\...\{f65db027-aff3-4070-886a-0d87064aabb1}) (Version: 12.0.30501.0 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) - 14.0.24123 (HKLM-x32\...\{2cbcedbb-f38c-48a3-a3e1-6c6fd821a7f4}) (Version: 14.0.24123.0 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) - 14.0.24123 (HKLM-x32\...\{206898cc-4b41-4d98-ac28-9f9ae57f91fe}) (Version: 14.0.24123.0 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x64) (HKLM\...\Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x64)) (Version: 10.0.50903 - Microsoft Corporation)
Mozilla Firefox 54.0.1 (x86 en-US) (HKLM-x32\...\Mozilla Firefox 54.0.1 (x86 en-US)) (Version: 54.0.1 - Mozilla)
Mozilla Maintenance Service (HKLM\...\MozillaMaintenanceService) (Version: 54.0.1 - Mozilla)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430) (HKLM-x32\...\{86493ADD-824D-4B8E-BD72-8C5DCDC52A71}) (Version: 4.20.9870.0 - Microsoft Corporation)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688) (HKLM-x32\...\{F662A8E6-F4DC-41A2-901E-8C11F044BDEC}) (Version: 4.20.9876.0 - Microsoft Corporation)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK (HKLM-x32\...\{716E0306-8318-4364-8B8F-0CC4E9376BAC}) (Version: 4.20.9818.0 - Microsoft Corporation)
Navigraph FMS Data Manager 1.4.0.0824 (HKLM-x32\...\{7E4D5716-374A-4DB6-90CF-D2AEB67362CE}_is1) (Version: 1.4.0.0824 - Navigraph)
Notepad++ (HKLM-x32\...\Notepad++) (Version: 7 - Notepad++ Team)
NVIDIA Graphics Driver 309.08 (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_Display.Driver) (Version: 309.08 - NVIDIA Corporation)
NVIDIA HD Audio Driver 1.3.18.0 (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_HDAudio.Driver) (Version: 1.3.18.0 - NVIDIA Corporation)
NVIDIA PhysX System Software 9.17.0329 (HKLM\...\{B2FE1952-0186-46C3-BAEC-A80AA35AC5B8}_Display.PhysX) (Version: 9.17.0329 - NVIDIA Corporation)
OpenAL (HKLM-x32\...\OpenAL) (Version:  - )
Opera Stable 47.0.2631.55 (HKLM-x32\...\Opera 47.0.2631.55) (Version: 47.0.2631.55 - Opera Software)
Platform (HKLM-x32\...\{20D4A895-748C-4D88-871C-FDB1695B0169}) (Version: 1.42 - VIA Technologies, Inc.) Hidden
PMDG 737 6700 NGX Expansion FSX (HKLM-x32\...\{C7EE862A-D83D-4A9F-B746-CBDE39BD7001}) (Version: 1.20.8413 - PMDG Simulations, LLC.)
PMDG 737 8900 NGX Base Package FSX (HKLM-x32\...\{20708FD5-E94D-4097-A21E-E28564CDBC06}) (Version: 1.20.8413 - PMDG Simulations, LLC.)
Private Internet Access Support Files (HKLM-x32\...\{7D72DAFF-DCB2-437B-BC22-4B2ABF21462B}) (Version: 1.0.0.0 - Private Internet Access)
PS3 Media Server (HKLM-x32\...\PS3 Media Server) (Version: 1.90.1 - PS3 Media Server)
RAAS Professional by FS2Crew (LOCKED) (HKLM-x32\...\RAAS Professional by FS2Crew (LOCKED)) (Version:  - )
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver (HKLM-x32\...\{F132AF7F-7BCA-4EDE-8A7C-958108FE7DBC}) (Version: 6.0.1.7727 - Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)
Recuva (HKLM\...\Recuva) (Version: 1.53 - Piriform)
REX 4 - Texture Direct - Service Pack 5 (HKLM-x32\...\{38949C04-7C3A-431E-B7E1-31E1ECA07408}) (Version: 4.5.2015.0818 - REX Game Studios, LLC.)
REX 4 - Texture Direct - SP5 - Hotfix 1 (HKLM-x32\...\{DBED58E1-AA28-474B-8626-0DCAD6D62CDB}) (Version: 4.5.2015.1006 - REX Game Studios, LLC.)
REX 4 - Texture Direct - SP6 (HKLM-x32\...\{F35DA190-DD75-49EF-ABB8-307AF62A55F3}) (Version: 4.6.2016.0210 - REX Game Studios, LLC.)
REX 4 - Texture Direct - SP6 Hotfix 1 (HKLM-x32\...\{B2004DB8-745F-45F7-A327-E6FCA8341B1B}) (Version: 4.6.2016.0314 - REX Game Studios, LLC.)
REX 4 - Texture Direct - SP6 Hotfix 2 (HKLM-x32\...\{8FF9311E-76B1-423D-92AD-176F67D959B0}) (Version: 4.6.2016.0325 - REX Game Studios, LLC.)
REX 4 - Texture Direct - SP6 Hotfix 3 (HKLM-x32\...\{C3BEF41C-2408-4AB3-B498-27418C01D8B2}) (Version: 4.6.2016.0622 - REX Game Studios, LLC.)
REX 4 - Texture Direct - SP6 Hotfix 4 (HKLM-x32\...\{0623887F-D6F5-46AC-8902-F9BCD2CC0D54}) (Version: 4.6.2016.0928 - REX Game Studios, LLC.)
REX 4 - Texture Direct with SP4 AND TU2 (HKLM-x32\...\{AB649623-2F16-42AB-9338-AA21BCF78E17}) (Version: 4.3.2014.1210 - REX Game Studios, LLC.)
Rockstar Games Social Club (HKLM-x32\...\Rockstar Games Social Club) (Version: 1.2.1.9 - Rockstar Games)
ScpToolkit (HKLM\...\{AC052048-9828-45E3-872B-04CE30A3B58B}) (Version: 1.6.238.16010 - Nefarius Software Solutions)
Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2687455) 64-Bit Edition (HKLM\...\{90140000-0015-0409-1000-0000000FF1CE}_Office14.PROPLUSR_{C7BC6847-623D-4D8F-B87C-82215F0752BA}) (Version:  - Microsoft) Hidden
Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2687455) 64-Bit Edition (HKLM\...\{90140000-0016-0409-1000-0000000FF1CE}_Office14.PROPLUSR_{C7BC6847-623D-4D8F-B87C-82215F0752BA}) (Version:  - Microsoft) Hidden
Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2687455) 64-Bit Edition (HKLM\...\{90140000-0018-0409-1000-0000000FF1CE}_Office14.PROPLUSR_{C7BC6847-623D-4D8F-B87C-82215F0752BA}) (Version:  - Microsoft) Hidden
Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2687455) 64-Bit Edition (HKLM\...\{90140000-0019-0409-1000-0000000FF1CE}_Office14.PROPLUSR_{C7BC6847-623D-4D8F-B87C-82215F0752BA}) (Version:  - Microsoft) Hidden
Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2687455) 64-Bit Edition (HKLM\...\{90140000-001A-0409-1000-0000000FF1CE}_Office14.PROPLUSR_{C7BC6847-623D-4D8F-B87C-82215F0752BA}) (Version:  - Microsoft) Hidden
Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2687455) 64-Bit Edition (HKLM\...\{90140000-001B-0409-1000-0000000FF1CE}_Office14.PROPLUSR_{C7BC6847-623D-4D8F-B87C-82215F0752BA}) (Version:  - Microsoft) Hidden
Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2687455) 64-Bit Edition (HKLM\...\{90140000-001F-0409-1000-0000000FF1CE}_Office14.PROPLUSR_{C814F7D9-CE9D-45AA-BA7C-88BDD0E1EB7C}) (Version:  - Microsoft) Hidden
Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2687455) 64-Bit Edition (HKLM\...\{90140000-001F-040C-1000-0000000FF1CE}_Office14.PROPLUSR_{77A8B979-11B0-4774-8003-574EE8A4BC22}) (Version:  - Microsoft) Hidden
Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2687455) 64-Bit Edition (HKLM\...\{90140000-001F-0C0A-1000-0000000FF1CE}_Office14.PROPLUSR_{05916788-991E-417B-A8F3-77F90A2B8271}) (Version:  - Microsoft) Hidden
Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2687455) 64-Bit Edition (HKLM\...\{90140000-002C-0409-1000-0000000FF1CE}_Office14.PROPLUSR_{D4D48631-AC28-4250-B882-C956555B0B1D}) (Version:  - Microsoft) Hidden
Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2687455) 64-Bit Edition (HKLM\...\{90140000-0043-0000-1000-0000000FF1CE}_Office14.PROPLUSR_{F3FAAB68-7697-4B1F-A23A-72312565AEAB}) (Version:  - Microsoft) Hidden
Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2687455) 64-Bit Edition (HKLM\...\{90140000-0043-0409-1000-0000000FF1CE}_Office14.PROPLUSR_{944EFCFD-823D-4C0A-9B01-CD76EEAEA1F3}) (Version:  - Microsoft) Hidden
Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2687455) 64-Bit Edition (HKLM\...\{90140000-0044-0409-1000-0000000FF1CE}_Office14.PROPLUSR_{C7BC6847-623D-4D8F-B87C-82215F0752BA}) (Version:  - Microsoft) Hidden
Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2687455) 64-Bit Edition (HKLM\...\{90140000-006E-0409-1000-0000000FF1CE}_Office14.PROPLUSR_{58B1AD3E-54D7-42DC-AF42-218AA7C1ED8B}) (Version:  - Microsoft) Hidden
Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2687455) 64-Bit Edition (HKLM\...\{90140000-00A1-0409-1000-0000000FF1CE}_Office14.PROPLUSR_{C7BC6847-623D-4D8F-B87C-82215F0752BA}) (Version:  - Microsoft) Hidden
Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2687455) 64-Bit Edition (HKLM\...\{90140000-00BA-0409-1000-0000000FF1CE}_Office14.PROPLUSR_{C7BC6847-623D-4D8F-B87C-82215F0752BA}) (Version:  - Microsoft) Hidden
Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2687455) 64-Bit Edition (HKLM\...\{90140000-0115-0409-1000-0000000FF1CE}_Office14.PROPLUSR_{58B1AD3E-54D7-42DC-AF42-218AA7C1ED8B}) (Version:  - Microsoft) Hidden
Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2687455) 64-Bit Edition (HKLM\...\{90140000-0117-0409-1000-0000000FF1CE}_Office14.PROPLUSR_{C7BC6847-623D-4D8F-B87C-82215F0752BA}) (Version:  - Microsoft) Hidden
Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2687455) 64-Bit Edition (HKLM\...\{91140000-0011-0000-1000-0000000FF1CE}_Office14.PROPLUSR_{A3364707-2F53-4C83-8F68-C9877A9080C7}) (Version:  - Microsoft)
SF Carrier 2 Mission (HKLM\...\SF Carrier 2 Mission) (Version:  - Orion Lyau)
SIMADDONS CYEG (HKLM-x32\...\SIMADDONS CYEG) (Version:  - )
SIMADDONS CYWG (HKLM-x32\...\SIMADDONS CYWG) (Version:  - )
Simaddons Halifax 2014 (HKLM-x32\...\Simaddons Halifax 2014) (Version:  - )
SimObject Display Engine (HKLM-x32\...\{8997C261-4536-4360-9B93-8D733F22EBD1}) (Version: 1.3.4.0 - 12bPilot)
Speccy (HKLM\...\Speccy) (Version: 1.31 - Piriform)
SteveFX DX10 Scenery Fixer (HKLM-x32\...\DX10SceneryFixer) (Version:  - )
TANE (HKLM-x32\...\TANE_sp2-com.n3vgames.tane-windows-9ff96bd7e228388e8e647cf351bf8f0f) (Version:  - N3V Games)
TAP-Windows 9.9.2 (HKLM\...\TAP-Windows) (Version: 9.9.2 - )
TeamViewer 12 (HKLM-x32\...\TeamViewer) (Version: 12.0.77242 - TeamViewer)
TOPCAT 2.74 - Take-Off and Landing Performance Calculation Tool (HKLM-x32\...\TOPCAT) (Version: 2.74 - FSS GmbH)
TransDEM Trainz Edition 2.5 (64bit) (HKLM\...\TransDEM Trainz Edition (64bit)_is1) (Version:  - Roland Ziegler)
TransDEM Trainz Edition 2.6.1 Update (64bit) (HKLM\...\TransDEM Trainz Edition Update (64bit)_is1) (Version:  - Roland Ziegler)
Transmission-Qt (HKLM\...\Transmission-Qt) (Version: 2.84.8 - Transmission)
Ultimate Terrain Lights For FSX (HKLM-x32\...\Ultimate Terrain Lights For FSX) (Version:  - )
Ultimate Terrain X - Canada V2.0 (FSX Support) (HKLM-x32\...\Ultimate Terrain X - Canada V2.0 (FSX Support)) (Version:  - )
Ultimate Terrain X - USA V2.1 (Data Files) (HKCU\...\Ultimate Terrain X - USA V2.1 (Data Files)) (Version:  - )
Ultimate Terrain X - USA V2.1 (FSX Support) (HKLM-x32\...\Ultimate Terrain X - USA V2.1 (FSX Support)) (Version:  - )
Unitrunker (HKLM-x32\...\{516B58F3-E46C-4FC9-AF3E-6CC0354A976A}) (Version: 15.08.04 - Unitrunker.com)
UTX Canada V2.0 Install Manager (HKLM-x32\...\UTX Canada V2.0 Install Manager) (Version:  - )
UTX USA V2.1 Install Manager (HKLM-x32\...\UTX USA V2.1 Install Manager) (Version:  - )
VAT-Spy (HKLM-x32\...\VATSpy) (Version:  - )
VBCABLE, The Virtual Audio Cable (HKLM\...\VB:VBCABLE {87459874-1236-4469}) (Version:  - VB-Audio Software)
VIA Platform Device Manager (HKLM-x32\...\InstallShield_{20D4A895-748C-4D88-871C-FDB1695B0169}) (Version: 1.42 - VIA Technologies, Inc.)
VIRTUALI Addon ManagerX FSX (HKLM-x32\...\VIRTUALI Addon ManagerX FSX_is1) (Version: 3.1.0.0 - VIRTUALI Sagl)
VistaMare ViMaCore X (HKLM-x32\...\ViMaCore X) (Version:  - )
VLC media player (HKLM-x32\...\VLC media player) (Version: 2.2.6 - VideoLAN)
WildBit Viewer (HKLM-x32\...\WildBit Viewer_is1) (Version: 6.2 - WildBit Software)
Windows Driver Package - FTDI CDM Driver Package (10/22/2009 2.06.00) (HKLM\...\3134FEF0E1D959EC0CC2E458C94B7057B2AC0CC9) (Version: 10/22/2009 2.06.00 - FTDI)
Windows Driver Package - FTDI CDM Driver Package (10/22/2009 2.06.00) (HKLM\...\88EB56038379B8B7DCFB4D2448A60F52E064B265) (Version: 10/22/2009 2.06.00 - FTDI)
Windows Driver Package - libusb-win32 WorldCup Device (02/23/2013 1.2.6.0) (HKLM\...\607E81836F3E58EDC7289F7B7047149AE2C7F301) (Version: 02/23/2013 1.2.6.0 - libusb-win32)
WinRAR 5.40 (64-bit) (HKLM\...\WinRAR archiver) (Version: 5.40.0 - win.rar GmbH)

========================= Memory info: ===================================
Percentage of memory in use: 14%
Total physical RAM: 16331.61 MB
Available physical RAM: 13894.27 MB
Total Virtual: 32661.4 MB
Available Virtual: 30034.09 MB

========================= Partitions: =====================================
1 Drive c: (KILLINS1) (Fixed) (Total:931.41 GB) (Free:551.92 GB) NTFS
3 Drive e: (KILLINS2 FSX) (Fixed) (Total:931.51 GB) (Free:537.43 GB) NTFS
4 Drive f: (KILLINS3 BACKUP) (Fixed) (Total:931.51 GB) (Free:28.77 GB) NTFS
5 Drive g: (Lexar) (Removable) (Total:14.9 GB) (Free:9.87 GB) FAT32
6 Drive v: (KILLINS7 COLLECTIONS) (Fixed) (Total:2794.39 GB) (Free:1109.37 GB) NTFS
7 Drive w: (KILLINS4 COLLECTIONS) (Fixed) (Total:3726.02 GB) (Free:280.73 GB) NTFS
8 Drive x: (KILLINS5 COLLECTIONS) (Fixed) (Total:4657.52 GB) (Free:248.9 GB) NTFS
9 Drive y: (KILLINS6 COLLECTIONS) (Fixed) (Total:931.51 GB) (Free:227.04 GB) NTFS
10 Drive z: (Primary_Backup) (Fixed) (Total:2794.49 GB) (Free:137.44 GB) NTFS

========================= Users: ========================================
User accounts for \\KILLINS16-PC

Administrator            Guest                    KILLINS16                

**** End of log ****

SPECCY:  http://speccy.piriform.com/results/XN66WZDxryxuTdXygrt6WB8

Edited by hamluis, 23 August 2017 - 04:38 PM.

#13 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,386 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:12 PM

Info Re Your WMI Errors

I am not suggesting running the script, just providing what seems to be pertinent info re the errors.

I do not see anything hinting at malware or overheating of any sort.  Although the drives are not perfect...I don't see anything pointing to a problem.  I don't see anything suggesting corruption other than your plethora of WMI errors...I would expect more variety if you had serious file corruption issues.

If I had to toss out something to consider...it would be the PSU...and I would do that only because the PSU is one component that typically does not announce that it is having problems.

Let's wait to hear from someone more knowledgeable before acting.

Louis

#14 CorruptCoW

CorruptCoW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:53 PM

Hello Louis, thank you for your time making an assessment and sharing your thoughts.

It will be interesting to gather other's insights as input towards a possible solution if one exists.

#15 Willy22

Willy22

• Members
  • 945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:09 PM

- Run GSmartControl for Drive C: and post a screenshot (!!) of the "Attributes" tab. You can make a screenshot with the build-in (Windows) Snipping tool.

https://gsmartcontrol.sourceforge.io/home/index.php
- Run Tweaking's Windows Repair. Switch off the internet connection and follow the instructions provided.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows-repair-all-in-one/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users