Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Inspiron 7559 Display Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jraye

Jraye

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:04 AM

Hope you guys can give me a little insight as to what my issue may be.

Dell Inspiron 7559
GTX 960M
Windows 10

Laptop was working correctly until the other day when I opened the laptop and had about a 3 inch vertical portion that runs the whole length of the screen near the left hand side of the screen that was discolored. At that particular time it was just a white haze over that particular portion of the screen. Over time that portion of the screen would turn solid black, sometimes turn to pastel colors, sometimes become pixelated, etc.

I immediately hooked the laptop up to an external monitor and the video on the external was fine! No issues at all.

So I ordered a replacement LCD screen. Upon hooking my new LCD screen to the laptop, my initial problem was resolved and no more discoloration near the left hand side of the screen. However, this new replacement screen has about a 6 inch vertical black dead space literally in the middle of the screen. So basically installing a new LCD just allowed me to trade one issue for another.

My next step was to order a new LCD cable. Upon installing the new LCD cable, I get the same exact issues with both screens i.e. my original laptop screen still has the display issue on the left side of the screen and the new screen has the large dead space in the middle.

So any ideas? What else could it be? The motherboard? Did I just get unlucky and my replacement screen was bad and that's why it fixed my initial problem but gave me another with the dead screen in the middle?

I welcome any suggestions as to what I can try. And please keep in mind that my video is fine on an external monitor.

Thank you for any help given!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 592 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:05 PM

you got a bad lcd replacement screen.  see if you can send it back for an exchange.

#3 Jraye

Jraye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:40 PM

you got a bad lcd replacement screen.  see if you can send it back for an exchange.

Thank you for the reply! It should be no problem to get an exchange on the replacement screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users