Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LogonUI.exe-Application Erro

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 floridamichael

floridamichael

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:18 AM

Hello!

This computer runs Windows 10. It was booting fine until a couple days ago. Now when I try to boot it goes from BIOS, to the Splash Screen, and then the circling White on Black screen, then a circling small blue sand dollar, and then eventually to the error message 

"LogonUI.exe-Application Error. The instruction at 0x00007FFC83D2A263 referenced memory at 0x0000034600000445. The memory could not be read."

This whole process takes about 30 minutes. 

I have tried reseating memory but that did not help. I have tried RAM from another identical computer that is booting and that did not work. Thanks for your help!

Attached Files

• Attached File  pt.jpg   44.78KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:17 AM

Try a bootable hard drive diagnostic:  http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html

In the event that the system came with W8 or 10, the system will have a UEFI and not a BIOS

As such, you'll have to disable SecureBoot and enable Legacy/CSM mode in order to boot from a bootable hard drive disk

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 floridamichael

floridamichael
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:20 PM

Thank you usasma for the response. I will try it.

I forgot to mention that there is a RAID1 setup on the machine. Will this test work on a RAID setup?

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:17 AM

In general, you can run the Long/extended test without worrying about RAID.
The more advanced tests may not support the RAID controller - so they may not work.

If it does give problems, you can simply attach the drive to another system and run the Windows version of Seatools there.

Then, when done, put it back in the original machine.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 floridamichael

floridamichael
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:47 PM

These are 2 WD Hard Drives. I ran Seatools Diag long test on both and they both passed. 

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:53 AM

As the hard drives passed, then the problem is either with your RAID, or with the boot stuff in the OS.

I'm not familiar with RAID, and I don't often work on boot stuff in the OS.

For those subjects I'd suggest posting over in the Windows 10 forums.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users