Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot From Cd

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 oldLearner57

oldLearner57

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:59 AM

hello

can somebody kindly tell me why I cannot boot from my CD...?

my PC OS is XP Pro window
I changed the Boot sequence at the Advance Bios window to have First Boot to CDROM and press F10(Save the changes)
I restarted my computer and at the POST, when the prompt > Start from CD > I press any key but the computer continue to boot up till Window OS ?

I still encountered the same problem after numerous System Restore Action !! > my OS kept rebooting. I think it is not due to "virus" but some Applications/Software conflict....because I encountered some prompt stating = something like Isass.exe / Services.exe > before the OS rebooted itself.

currently, I deleted away 2 items within my Start-Up list, they are A Word Document / and another is a "C" prompt shortcut (for this "C" prompt shortcut, I do not remember I put it there but it was there ???)

can anybody please help me on these ?

thanks everybody

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:17 AM

Did you have the cd in the cd drive when you started the boot-up?

Are you sure the cd you are using is a bootable cd?

Are you sure your cd is capable of reading the disk?

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:00 PM

Be sure the CD drive you're using is the master drive on the secondary IDE channel. I've had trouble before with some motherboards when trying to boot from the slave. If you have more than one CD/DVD drive connected, try using the other one.

Ensure that the BIOS is properly recognizing that the CD drive is present.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users