Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Beware of NARCISSISTS!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 crusader87

crusader87

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:45 AM

Hello to all.

I wanted to talk to you about a very serious topic : Narcissists

Narcissists are a category of people suffering from what is called NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder), they are, in my opinion, one of the most psychologically destructive people you can ever meet. 

They pretend to love and care for you, all the while they are planning your utter destruction.

What makes them so dangerous is their advanced manipulation tactics they use on unsuspecting targets. 
You might be a target without even realizing it.

At first you'd think they are wonderful people, but once you get to know them well, you'll know this is all an act.

Here is a list of what Abusers/Narcissists usually do to their targets :

- Insults their target very often. Then lie when confronted about it, or say it was a joke.
- When confronted with their behavior, they pretend to be innocent and play the victim.
- Everything is always your fault, even when it's obviously not.
- They always have a justification for every bad thing they do. They think they're always right.
- Very controlling, they tell you how to live, but they can live anyway they want. Very hypocritical.
- They accuse you of what they're doing to you (RED FLAG!), it's called Projection.
- Portraying themselves as angels outside, when they are actually demons with their family and especially their target.
- They want you to fail, while pretending to want you to succeed (they're very convincing).
- They never say they are sorry for hurting you (RED FLAG!).
- Poison your favorite activities, they don't want you to be happy or to get pleasure. They also poison other useful activities like important skills which will help you in the future. They DO NOT want you to have skills, they want you to be as weak as possible. They don't teach you anything.
- Subtly lead a smear campaign against their target, so they isolate it and make sure they don't get help.
- When you want to leave the relationship with a narcissist, they beg you to stay with them and cry crocodile tears. They are the best actors.
- Sometimes nice, sometimes cruel. You never know where you stand with them.
- They pretend to be "victims", and they blame the target for their own behavior.
- They are incredibly arrogant and sadistic. They see the target as weak, and deserving to suffer.
- They think they are models to be followed.
- They are spiritually dead although they might loudly profess some kind of Spiritual Belief.

Please share this message to other people and forums. We have to raise awareness!

Hope it helped. Take care my brothers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:54 AM

Please share this message to other people and forums. We have to raise awareness!

All of what you said is true, but what do you mean spread awareness? It's literally some of the oldest known information in the history of time. :lmao:

Anyways, if you are having problems with such individual/people, I wish you good luck and all the best. I would suggest not fighting it, but trying to extract as much value from such people and then dumping them. Screw it.

Edited by Just_One_Question, 08 July 2017 - 07:55 AM.

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:59 AM

Wow, this describes a very well know individual who I will not name.  :whistle:

#4 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,080 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

Its Ok John you can name me. :hysterical:

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,612 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:59 PM

Its Ok John you can name me. :hysterical:

Never in a million years friend.  :)

Edited by JohnC_21, 08 July 2017 - 05:00 PM.

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

Nick, you are getting ideas above your station !  I think the person John was thinking of has Donald as their first name, not Nick.

Chris Cosgrove

#7 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:03 PM

Or Vladimir

#8 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,801 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:44 PM

While Putin displays some distinctly sociopathic traits, I don't see much of his behavior lining up with the diagnostic criteria for narcissism.

He's one of the people I referred to somewhere on these forums when I said that Donald Trump is now in a milieu where he's got lots of people around him that can outthink him at every turn and definitely don't give a whit about him or the United States in their calculus.

Putin is scary because he's surgically competent virtually anywhere he needs to be and knows when he needs help to achieve his ends.  Wily.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#9 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:26 PM

I think he is also narcissistic, but a distinct version of the classic definition, more so tweaked to the Eastern idea of admiration. Around these lands it's the classic 'man of his word', 'man of few words', 'strong, but quiet' vision when it comes to idolizing someone or yourself. Both Putin and the Prime Minister of Bulgaria, Boyko Borisov, are viewed as such - the strong leader that will guide us through the dark times. Spoiler alert - these guys can never do anything and are both extremely associated with underground criminal activities. Complete idiots both of them. Putin's never even had a real job. Worked for the KGB and so on. And Borisov is the same way. He was the bodyguard of Todor Zhivkov, the ruler of Bulgaria in the years from around the 2nd World War till 1990. I swear they are so stupid, you have no idea, I'm not even kidding. However, they do the Beautiful Elena trick (not too sure if that's how she's called in the English rendition of Iliad by Homer), where he just wrote that Elena was beautiful and every reader imagined her in their head with their own definition of that word. Much in the same way when these guys rarely talk, people, both domestically and around the globe, assign to them personalities that they see fit for someone who is on the top of the list of Forbes' Most Powerful People. Yet, in reality Putin is as knowledgeable as an ex-spy can be. He is basically the biggest mafia boss right now on the Planet and I am 100% sure that he regards himself extremely highly, even though he's just a crook. Trump is just a messy idiot at worst. These guys are hardcore mafia with all the narcissistic quirks that come with it.

#10 Crazy Cat

Crazy Cat

• Members
  • 808 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:25 PM

The Hannibal Lecter Myth: Psychopathy and Verbal Intelligence in the MacArthur Violence Risk Assessment Study. http://www.soc.iastate.edu/staff/delisi/Hannibal%20Lecter%20PDF.pdf

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. ― Albert Einstein ― Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

InternetDefenseLeague-footer-badge.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users