Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is my laptop a lost cause?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 amberl

amberl

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:31 PM

My laptop will have stretches of time where it functions perfectly well and there is no issue.

BUT, every once in a while it will freeze or even blue screen only because I jolt it move it or sometimes even lightly bump it. I think it must be some kind of hardware issue where something gets jostled. I have an acer aspire 5750z.

I had this problem when I was running Windows 7 and after when I installed Windows 10.

The power charger plugs in on the leftupper part of the keyboard and sometimes it will freeze even when I unplug or plug that in. 

In detail, I will jostle it or something like that and then the internet will go down. It will stop and I'll check the connection and it will show me that the wifi network function is disabled. Then it will freeze completely and I will have to turn it off. Or lately it has been blue screening.

I have unistalled and reinstalled all the drivers multiple times and run diagnostics, but everything looks fine technically until the actual problem happens. 

When it's acting up it is impossible to get any work done because it will take about 5 mins after startup to freeze every single time I turn it on. 

Is this anything I can easily fix without a ton of expertise? I'm just very poor and cant afford another laptop right now.

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 07 July 2017 - 04:44 PM.
Moved from Internal hardware to 'Crashes, freezes and BSODs'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:44 PM

Please read the instructions for posting in this forum, and supply the requested information...

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

#3 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:08 PM

Hi. . .

I just helped another OP who moved his system to his new residence. He said he was very careful; didn't drop or bump the system, yet the end result was a bad RAM stick. The system worked just fine before the move.

Run memtest86+ - run 1 stick at a time; alternate the slots - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/hardware-tutorials/3909-test-ram-memtest86.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Edited by jcgriff2, 07 July 2017 - 08:09 PM.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users