Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What I Can Do With Those Infections?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TFI

TFI

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:03 AM

I scanned my computer Zone Alarm and I have the infection: DcomRpc.exploit in many places in my computer.

After few days, I realized that the touch pad won't work as before, when I click 2 times on it, it won't work, so I should click on the mouse button to choose what I want, what I should do, I tried with the mouse properties, but it did not work like before.

Thank you,

TFI

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,483 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:26 AM

What OS (Win XP/2000, etc) are you using? What type of anti-virus are you using and when was the last time you ran a scan? Have you performed any anti-spyware scans? If not, start here:

Download and scan with MS Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Download and scan with AVG vcleaner in "SAFE MODE".

If your running Win XP/2000, download and scan with Ewido Anti-Spyware v4.0 in "SAFE MODE".
Print out the Ewido Install and Scan Instructions.

Download and scan with Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.06. Setup & Configure as shown here.
Download and scan with Spybot S&D 1.4. Setup & Configure as shown here.
[DO NOT choose the option to install TeaTimer]
Note: If you encounter any error messages while downloading the updates, manually download them from here.

Then perform this online Virus scan:
[Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component.]
Trend Micro Housecall

Also see Zone Labs SmartDefense Research Center for more info on DcomRPC.exploit

Edited by quietman7, 12 September 2006 - 06:35 AM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 TFI

TFI
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2006 - 03:02 PM

I am using windows XP Home Edition virsion 2002
Service Pack 2

also,

I am using :

Norton Internet Security 2005

Zone Labs Security

Spybot - Search & Destroy

I scan my computer everyday, but , I think the infection come from
downloading or from chat room.

I scanned my computer with the MS Malicious Software Removal Tool and No malicious software was detected.

I scanned my computer with AVG vcleaner in "SAFE MODE" and nothing appears

I scanned my computer with Ewido Anti-Spyware v4.0 in "SAFE MODE" and the report was :

---------------------------------------------------------
ewido anti-spyware - Scan Report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created at: 04:45:28

+ Scan result:

HKU\S-1-5-21-2212422480-2716423857-1080596861-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{A17B153F-2267-4161-A165-73DCD6C31BEF} -> Adware.Generic : No action taken.
HKU\S-1-5-21-2212422480-2716423857-1080596861-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{4A2AACF3-ADF6-11D5-98A9-00E018981B9E} -> Adware.NewDotNet : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\user.YOUR-0ECC057FB4\Cookies\user@rotator.adjuggler[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Adjuggler : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\user.YOUR-0ECC057FB4\Cookies\user@tribalfusion[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tribalfusion : No action taken.

::Report end

I scanned my computer with Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.06 and there was some tracking cokies and i removed them.

I scanned my computer with Spybot S&D 1.4 and there was "eAcceleration" and "NoAdware" problems, i pressed Fix selected problems.

After that I closed the safe mode then i tryed to performed the online Virus scan but it did not work :thumbsup:

thanks a lot for your answer,

TFI

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,483 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2006 - 04:54 PM

Did that take care of the DcomRpc.exploit issue?

#5 aaalondon

aaalondon

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2006 - 06:16 PM

After that I closed the safe mode then i tryed to performed the online Virus scan but it did not work :thumbsup:

house call needs java im thinking why perform all the other stuff before housecall wont housecall have most of the other scanners bug lists
i want to run a scan how but know it will take hours earlier it was showing 20 n 30 & fractions hours in flicking about showing you ads for other spyware

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,483 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2006 - 06:00 AM

There are other online scans you can try:
F-Secure Online Scanner
BitDefender Online Virus and Malware Scan
a-squared Web Malware Scanner
eTrust Antivirus Web Scanner. Be sure to read the eTrust Antivirus Scanner Help Guide before scanning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users