Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No signal after attempting to use DDU with Safe ModeNo signal after attempting t

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 g_______g

g_______g

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:06 PM

My graphics card (Radeon RX 570) was stuck at 300Mhz for the memory clock all the time, and I read that using DDU to uninstall old drivers and then reinstall them would help to fix the issue.

Once I opened DDU, I was prompted to either "Launch" or "Reboot with Safe Mode." It was recommended to use Safe Mode, so I went with it. After pressing the button though, I have been unable to get a signal on any monitor with any cable.

I attempted to use the onboard graphics, but the same problem persisted. I cannot get a signal from there either. I am pretty sure this is due to the iGPU being disabled.

After I took out my GPU, I noticed my motherboard speaker gave its single beep. With the graphics card in, I noticed that it had stopped doing that a while ago.

I really need to know how I can get a display at the very least, even with the iGPU. If possible, I'd also like to know why my graphics card is not functioning the way it should. Several forums have said that DDU is not the culprit, but I am beginning to have doubts.

Thanks for any help in advance, let me know if there is any other information I should provide.

Specs:

CPU: i3-6100
RAM: 2x4GB
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte ga-h110m-a
GPU: Radeon RX 570
PSU: 500W
HDD: 1TB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:28 PM

If you are getting no monitor signal at all when you first turn the PC on, that is nothing to do with DDU (we are talking about Display Driver Uninstaller, right?).  That is for uninstalling Windows drivers, while the initial screen you see when you turn the PC on (usually it's a graphic these days) doesn't rely on drivers.

If that is what is happening (no display whatsoever) then I can only imagine it's a coincidence that you ran DDU just prior to the issue occurring.

I would suggest as a starting point disconnecting the system from the power, removing the AMD GPU, and removing and refitting the RAM, making sure it is firmly pushed in.  Also reset the CMOS to take out any settings disabling the iGPU.  This is generally done either by shorting a jumper (CLR_CMOS - check your manual for the location), or removing the coin type CMOS battery for a period and then re-inserting it.

Reconnect to the power, connect your monitor to one of the motherboards display outputs and see if you get anything.

7sbvuf-6.png

#3 g_______g

g_______g
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:08 PM

Figured out what to do. I removed the CMOS battery to reset the BIOS to its default, enabled the iGPU, and the re-installed the drivers for my graphics card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users