Since May (ok, actually since January), my computer has crashed at random times; the problem might happen a few times a day now. It was manageable for a while. (I think it's called a BSOD, though there's no blue screen: the computer goes to black then reboots.) The computer can crash when I'm on the internet, when I'm word processing without a browser open, or even when I'm not at the computer.
The symptoms are remarkably similar to those in this win 8 thread, which ended when the computer was shipped back to the manufacturer.
The utilities here are great: I see perfmon has provided an error.
I am out of warranty: the desktop was purchased in Feb 2015. The computer is a Lenovo 10181 K450e, running Windows 10 x64 though Belarc calls it Windows 8.1 (build 9600). , 12 gigs memory. 2TB hard drive, 1.7TB free space.
It is on a home network with another desktop.
Original OS: Win 8.1, OEM. I tried to decrappify it.
I upgraded to Win 10 in May 2016 without incident.
CPU: 3.60 gighertz Intel Core i7-4790, 4 cores
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 720
Motherboard: LENOVO 31900058 STD
UEFI: LENOVO I1KT37AUS 2/14/2014
Power Supply: I can't figure this out. Came with computer. I think I would have to open up the case.
System Manufacturer: Lenovo
Model: Lenovo 10181, Product Family K50e
Things I have tried within last month
I understand if somebody wants me to repeat some of these things is a methodical fashion.
- Had a repair guy work on it for 2 hours. He doesn't think it's the power supply, since it crashes rather than rolls over to an orderly shutdown. The computer was running cool he said.
- I have scanned for viruses with Malware Bytes, Windows Defender and AVG. The repair guy found a virus on my data drive using a program (360 Total Security using Bitdefender engine) that reportedly throws up false positives. I am dubious about what he found (generic virus from 2001 .htm file), but there's no harm in deleting it anyway. At any rate it didn't work. I also ran Super-anti-spyware and found cookies only.
- Run computer in Safe Mode. It still crashed once IIRC. Huh.
- Looked at the Event Viewer. Found a Genestor error before crash. Updated drivers at Lenovo. Genestor runs storage devices - I've wondered whether I might have an obscure problem with something that's plugged in.
- I had 2 printer driver icons running for my Epson workdForce WF-3620 in the tray. I uninstalled one of the instances. The printer worked either way.
- Swapped out keyboard.
- Disconnected external hard drive.
- Run some hardware scans with Lenovo's utility.
- Exited BOINC and SpiderOak One. Still crashed.
- Disabled WinPatrol from startup programs. (Best wishes to BillP, who had to sell company due to health issues.) Can't seem to successfully uninstall program. (Error 2 while loading archive. The system cannot find the file specified. [Uninstall.dat])
Other current symptoms, may or may not be relevant
- Always on boot: "Could not reconnect all network drives. Click here for the status of your network drives.".
- Occasional errors with SpiderOak online backup or another program: "There is no disk in the drive...Volume10", and also one afterward for Volume9 after I cancel the dialog box.
perfmon.zip 164.19KB 2 downloads
SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip 1.68MB 3 downloads