Hi. I rebooted my computer earlier today because my audio suddenly stopped working, and ever since then, I have been unable to boot my computer.
When it attempts to boot WIndows 10 from the SSD, my BIOS says that it will begin error-checking, then it immediately BSoDs with the CRITICAL-SERVICE_FAILED error. Attempting to start up with Windows Boot Manager claims that the boot selectionf ailed because a required device is inaccessible, status 0cv000000e.
While I have a Windows 10 Boot DIsk, unfortunately, many of the options I've found on the internet simply don't work. Attempting to recreate my BCD didn't work, I can't repair or reset my installation because it claims my drive is locked, I can't access any system restore.
I'm at my wits end, and I'm hoping to avoid the nuclear option of just completely gutting my W10 installation. Any help is appreciated.
The details of my build are as follows:
· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64-bit
· What was original installed OS on system? No; started with Windows 8
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Full retail
· Age of system (hardware): ABout two years old, from 2015.
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? Not to my knowledge.
· CPU - Intel i5 4690k
· Video Card - nVidia 750Ti
· MotherBoard - gigabyte matx z97 gaming 5
· Power Supply - brand & wattage (skip if laptop) - Corsair, 650CX
· System Manufacturer - Myself?
· Exact model number (if laptp, check label on bottom) - N/A
· Laptop or Desktop? Desktop