Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network adapter / ethernet problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 blitzjg

blitzjg

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:43 PM

Hi everyone,

I really appreciate everyone's continued help with my and everyone else's various issues.

My computer (Windows 10) recently started waking up from hibernation with no internet connection (100% of the time). FYI I connect via an ethernet cable.  The first few times I thought it was an internet issue as repairing indicated "there is no internet connect" if I remember correctly.  Restarting my computer was how I first solved this problem the first several times it happened.

Now I learned I could go into device manager and scan for hardware changes, and that would sometimes rectify the network adapter issue.  I noticed sometimes this didnt work so more recently I just disable and re-enable the device and it restores the internet fine.

Another issue(s) potentially related but that have been going on for even longer is sometimes coming out of hibernation or after a shutdown/restart my computer will say "No boot disk has been detected or disk has failed. Press any button to try again". Or something to that effect.  Restarting or shutting down the computer will allow it to boot correctly the next time.

Please guide/help/advise.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:47 PM

Check the properties on your network adapter, and make sure that Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is unchecked.

#3 blitzjg

blitzjg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:37 AM

Check the properties on your network adapter, and make sure that Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is unchecked.

I'm sorry, I forgot that I had done that as it was one of the first solutions I found after googling the issue.  The problem unfortunately remains.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,587 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:42 AM

Disable Fast Startup and reboot. That may help. 

https://www.howtogeek.com/243901/the-pros-and-cons-of-windows-10s-fast-startup-mode/

#5 blitzjg

blitzjg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:04 PM

I gave that a shot, no change :/ very bizarre.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users