Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

High CPU Usage doing very little, can hear computer processing in audio output

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jt_buck

jt_buck

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:33 PM

My CPU is spiking really high, say looking through this forum and just scrolling down while nothing else is open, is causing 100% CPU usage.  Scrolling down the page causes more static and ticking like noises to come through the audio output.  The more I do, the more noise is made and it will just peg at 100%, videos don't work, doing anything else like downloading in the background, causes almost the whole computer to freeze.  This computer should be faster than this.  It's a dell dimension 8100, 2006.  

Is my CPU going out?  What would cause the computer to seem so overloaded?  Why can I so clearly hear my CPU through headphones?  Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -Krockz

-Krockz

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:55 PM

Are these the specs for your pc?

https://www.engadget.com/products/dell/dimension/8100/specs/

#3 jt_buck

jt_buck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:39 PM

I mistyped, it's a 9100.  I think I've figured it out.  The CPU is just too old to hang with modern internet browsers and sites.  My CPU is just tagged using internet browsers.

This computer supposedly has garbage audio and I'm just hearing standard noise, not a malfunctioning.  Thanks.

#4 -Krockz

-Krockz

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:42 PM

Glad you figured out. Feel free to post on System Building and Upgrading thread if you need any assistance with a new pc. 

#5 JacobIdris

JacobIdris

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:19 AM

Check this one if you want to get the idea of which system would cost you around how much https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/651153/jacobs-new-powerhouse-system/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users