Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

court ruling on hallucinogenic tea

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 noonytunes

noonytunes

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 12 December 2004 - 10:30 AM

I don't know if anyone would find this interesting....but, just in case

NM Supreme Court ruling

I sure hope nobody has a problem with this post....just an interesting tidbit...not a promotional effort. :thumbsup:
noonytunes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 12 December 2004 - 10:39 AM

Connects them to God??? Hmmm......Wow. Suprising ruling. IMHO

This reminds me of the story where the Native American Indian Father fought for the right to allow his 4 year old son to take part in a sacred ceremony to where he would be ingesting Peyote.

(AP) A family court judge ruled Tuesday that a 4-year-old boy cannot take peyote at American Indian spiritual ceremonies.

In his decision, Judge Graydon W. Dimkoff wrote that "peyote is dangerous, and in general should be avoided." He went on to state, however, that the boy could ingest peyote when he is fully aware of the implications, is physically and emotionally ready, and has the permission of both parents.

The boy's father, Jonathan Fowler, 36, a member of the Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians, had asked Dimkoff to reverse an earlier decision and allow his son to ingest sacramental peyote with him at the Native American Church of the Morning Star.

Kristin Hanslovsky, Fowler's ex-wife, had fought the request, saying she did not want to violate anyone's religious freedom, but giving the boy peyote could cause long-term neurological defects.

Edited by scarlett, 12 December 2004 - 10:58 AM.

Posted Image

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2004 - 10:53 AM

The next thing you know, some group will begin to use harder stuff, just so they can sing, "I'm dreaming of a WHITE Christmas."
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2004 - 10:56 AM

:thumbsup: :flowers:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users