Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advice regarding blog traffic gennerators

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Scotlandforever

Scotlandforever

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:15 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm not very good with tech but after much time and effort, I managed to build a blog on Tumblr. I chose Tumblr because it was very easy to do compared to others and it was free. My blog is just a personal one for information etc, I'm not selling anything and I'm not a business and just in case it's relevant I'm in the U.K.

I tried posting on twitter and facebook and forums that are relevant to the blog to try to get traffic to it and get it noticed but I found that this takes a lot of time and effort so I did a bit more searches on the internet and found "traffic generators " these sound great but im thinking they are for businesses and also there seem to be lots of scam sites and words like "fake traffic "

What I'm looking for is a reputable traffic generator site . Nothing to expensive as its just to post my experiences etc . I have seen things on these sites that say they can target specific regions and as I want to target the U.K. it would be a bonus if this was included in any site recommendations from you guys .

Thanks a lot 

David

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 sharonjones

sharonjones

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:45 AM

What do you mean by traffic generator site? Any kind of traffic generator tool?

#3 Scotlandforever

Scotlandforever
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:04 AM

Im not sure what I mean to be honest Sharon. I'm useless when it comes to computers. Took me ages to do the blog and I don't understand all the terminology. I'm assuming a traffic generator is used for bringing attention to your blog or websiite  . Ideally, id like to make the blog viral or at least bring it to lots of people's attention etc in the hope that someone who can do things and is in a position of influence in the field that my blog is about in the uk gets to see it.

What I was thinking was join a site like trifficbot or similar and let them do the work but apart from really expensive ones who say basic , ordinary, then premium plans etc and seem to be for businesses the rest seem to have reviews saying beware of this site , its a scam etc .  

Just something reputable and cheap that will be suited to what I need. 

David

#4 rhysharrison

rhysharrison

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:00 PM

Hi David,

The traffic coming from services like you mention is almost always bot traffic. The cheaper it is, the worse the quality (not that any bot traffic is of any real use to you).

The thing with these services is that they might boost your search engine positions very briefly, but it's almost a certainty that Google will recognise that it is bot traffic and will penalise your site. A penalty from Google will result in your site becoming essentially invisible.

I think the best thing you can do, if you're looking to invest a little in your site, is to buy ad space or sponsored content with a large site such as Buzzfeed (depending on the topic of your website). 

If your website is a local business site, have a read of this post about how to boost your search engine positions for local search terms.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your website!

Rhys

#5 Scotlandforever

Scotlandforever
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:17 AM

Thanks Rhys,

Your post was very informative. Buying add space seems the only thing suitable (besides postings links every now and again on other blogs etc )   I googled "what is a bot "  so if im reading the answer and understanding it correctly , a bot is computer generated traffic and the purpose is to increase the sites ranking in a google search . So these sites like traffic bot uk are being paid just to make things look like to google that the site is very popular and therefore goes up in googles ranking .  like a cheap way to get around paying google normal advertising prices.  

Thanks again Rhys . I think ill explore the buzzfeed idea .

David

#6 frogbreath

frogbreath

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:21 PM

The only way to get constant good traffic is hard work making sure you have content that people find interesting and that it is updated very regularly, every day. You'll find people are very demanding. You'll need to always be professional in the way you lay your site out and the way you present yourself. You'll find that having facebook, twitter, instagram all with links to your blog and also make sure these are regularly updated and kept interesting. Don't make the mistake of posting just for the sake of it quality is the main key here.

The only way is hard slogging work and a tonne of effort. You can pay people to get you visitors but it is A a waste of money and B only temporary and really won't help. what's the blog about maybe post the link and ask people to give you pointers may be of some help and generate some extra traffic.

#7 fieldengineer

fieldengineer

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:37 AM

Hi David,

Better not to go with any of traffic generator tools because the traffic that you are getting from these things is not quality traffic. To get better exposure for your site just keep on updating your site with latest things.

Just add a blog page to your site and keep on posting trendy articles that are related to your business based on user point of view and make it simple.

#8 managel

managel

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:36 AM

As others said traffic generators will have low quality traffic or worse machine generated traffic. This traffic is useless. 

There are to major ways to get traffic.  Paid and Free (sort of)

Paid traffic can come from ads you post on other websites. 

Free traffic can come from search engines. 

You will need to learn SEO for getting traffic from Search Engines for free. 

See Udemy or some Youtube course for traffic generation. 

#9 LeeFitzsimmons

LeeFitzsimmons

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:22 AM

Scotlandforever,

Don't use the traffic generators that sell you traffic.

Get your traffic and stay honest.

It is much better to have real traffic than to have the #$$#^ that people will try to sell you.

Like Managel said, 

As others said traffic generators will have low quality traffic or worse machine generated traffic. This traffic is useless. 

There are to major ways to get traffic.  Paid and Free (sort of)

Paid traffic can come from ads you post on other websites. 

Free traffic can come from search engines. 

You will need to learn SEO for getting traffic from Search Engines for free. 

See Udemy or some Youtube course for traffic generation. 

There are tons of videos on Youtube that will tell you about SEO, and/or you can buy ads.

You can also just add traffic the old fashioned way by telling others about your content.

However, you need to have way cool content to have any success.

Never forget that content is king.

Edited by LeeFitzsimmons, 24 October 2017 - 10:22 AM.

#10 Mikaels1337

Mikaels1337

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:25 AM

Hey Scot.

Traffic generators will not help you.
First of all if its fake traffic? what do you expect to get out of it? it wont buy anything? also it is social signal traffic, so it wont do anything to your SERP results anyway.
What ive been told to do by our SEO bureau, is to write atleast 1 piece of content every 2 weeks, and then they will optimized it to get more traffic towards your site. As long you write good content with 1000 plus words and choose keywords which is low competition, it should be easy for even your self to rank these blog post and get more traffic. I would also recommend if you are going to do SEO, you can do it your self, and go read on the internet about how it works, and you should be able to get your traffic up and running within 3-6 months, we doubled our traffic just by doing great content and optimized it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users