Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help! I can't post on my FB account.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hawaiianboi808

Hawaiianboi808

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:09 PM

I have been logging in as I've been doing all this time, but now I cannot post anything while logged in and I can't change any settings. I tried to add my personal FB account as admin, but I can't do that. I can't find any helpful information online and I tried reporting the problem, but the auto response said they don't respond individually. The account is really just to report stuff. I can't even access help while logged in. I can post as a guest on my page though, but it seems like only friends can see my posts, from the settings. Not quite sure about that. Please let me know if you can solve my problem. Thank you so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:00 PM

The first thing I'd suggest you try doing is clearing your browser cache, whether from within the browser itself (and do a web search on your browser name and "clear cache" and the tutorials pop up by the thousands) or using a third party tool such as CCleaner from piriform.com (but don't use the registry cleaner feature of CCleaner if you elect to use it or something like it).

Cache corruption can cause all sorts of peculiar errors.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 Hawaiianboi808

Hawaiianboi808
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:08 PM

The first thing I'd suggest you try doing is clearing your browser cache, whether from within the browser itself (and do a web search on your browser name and "clear cache" and the tutorials pop up by the thousands) or using a third party tool such as CCleaner from piriform.com (but don't use the registry cleaner feature of CCleaner if you elect to use it or something like it).

Alright thank you Brian! I will keep you up to date on whether or not the issue is resolved.

#4 Hawaiianboi808

Hawaiianboi808
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:58 PM

All fixed! It seems that I can make posts and post pictures by using the Facebook Pages Manager app on android. How weird is that lol. Still having issues with posting on the computer though. Thank you for your help!

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:57 PM

Well, color me confused, too, because the only place this should have any effect is the device or devices on which you've actually cleared cache (and it's not guaranteed there).   It should have no impact on your smartphone's capabilities if the issue was with the web browser on your laptop or desktop PC.

My guess now is that something is "burping" on Facebook's end.   Since I avoid Facebook and all social media like the plague I can't be of much more help.

You're welcome for what I've given to the best of my ability, though.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users