Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

every 10 mins, comp would shutdown after defrag completed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ltdongles

ltdongles

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:52 AM

Although this had happened to me, I made it stop by recovering my PC. But this is more of a question rather than asking for a solution, in what way would defragging cause a complication like that if it could? during those moments i had been playing either PUBG (pulic unkown battleground) or Wow (World of warcraft) Twice with pub then once with wow and figured, (i'm not dealing with this) and recovered, never had the problem since. If anyone has any input i'd love to hear it! every time i tried to find answers online i'm assuming my wording doesnt get me anywhere since the questions i find are (should i shutdown my pc after defragging).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:10 AM

It's very likely that this is not a defrag problem, but you've probably made a choice in the settings to turn off your computer after defragmenting.
What kind of defrag program do you use?

#3 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:52 PM

Defragging a disk that has errors can cause corruption.

Open a Command prompt and type chkdsk /r , then press Enter.

#4 Bulgaristan

Bulgaristan

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:24 AM

Download the free version of HDD Regenerator from http://www.dposoft.net/hdd.html  and run it under Windows for a standard check without repair.
You do not need to purchase a license for this use it as a trial.
Once you are completely sure there are no bad sectors you could go for chkdsk /r .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users