Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photoshop 4 Upgrade To 5.5

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ohfer

ohfer

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:24 PM

I have WIN XP Home SP2. I loaded Photoshop 4, then upgraded to 5.5 which was on my old pc with WIN 98, now on XP. When I click on a thumbnail, the photo automatically comes up in Photoshop 4 with the following message..."Photoshop unable to load PSUT9532.dll. Photoshop will not be able to support 16 bit plug ins. Continue launching?" If I press yes to continue it will then launch. Should I uninstall 4 and just have 5.5? Or would that be a problem since 5.5 was an upgrade from version 4? Any help appreciated. Thanks, Tom.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:56 AM

Yes, that would be a problem uninstalling 4 and trying to use just 5.5. Like you said, it's an upgrade, not a full version, so you can't use 5.5 unless you have 4 already installed.

Ummmm.....It's been a while, but I do believe that there was a version 5.0 that was realeased. Where did that go? I'd call/email Adobe support and ask them if you'll run into conflicts jumping from 4 to 5.5 (I believe that 5.5 was a major update for photoshop version 5).

IMHO, you might just be better off going to version 6.0, then updating to v 6.0.1. It's very stable, and I've yet to have any major problems with it.....ever. I've been using it for a few years now.

As far as your plugin issue, I'm not quite sure about that. I'd try uninstalling all versions of photoshop that you have now, restart, then reinstall them again. Be sure to update each individual version before instatlling the newer version (update 4 then restart, then install 5.5, then upgrade 5.5 then restart).

After you uninstall everything, restart your computer and run Ccleaner whcih you can download for free HERE before you start to reinstall everything. This should delete anything left behind by photoshop.

Hope all this helps!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 ohfer

ohfer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:38 PM

Thank you very much. I will give it a try. Take care.

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:48 PM

No problem. Please post back if it doesn't work, and we'll try to fix it :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users