Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usbstick cant play movies

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ifah03

ifah03

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:23 AM

Hi All,

When i use laptop and another usbstick, the movie can play well.
The usbstick says 8gb. Tried Format to fat32 and ntfs. Same behaviour.

The supplier has gone MIA. How do infind out the actual capacity of the usbstick? And the read/write speed?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,961 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:30 AM

Same behaviour.

What is the behaviour?

Is it essential that this particular flash drive be used?

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 ifah03

ifah03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:19 AM

Yes- need ro use this drive as it is with company logo. I tried fakeflashdrive- drive passed. But i find this thumb drive weird.

When u copy data, some other files will get deleted by the drive. So, the actual capacity is doubtful. But fakeflashdrive says the capacity is correct

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:21 AM

There are so many fake flash drive sellers that I won't just post one site's info on that but instead post a link to a search page

using the search term fake flash drives. fake flash drives - Google Search

Flash drives are not that costly...cheap. Like Platypus hints at....throw in the trash and move on.....

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 ifah03

ifah03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:43 AM

Like i mention- this drive has the company logo.

Fakeflashdrive says that the capacity is correct. Any idea what cause the deletion? Its weird

#6 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,961 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:03 AM

I tried fakeflashdrive

Do you mean FakeFlashTest? People have complained about it being unreliable - it's probably better to try h2testw, even if its testing does take a long time. If the content of existing files is lost when you copy more to the drive, 99% it's going to be a fake one, 1% it's just faulty. And if the seller disappeared...

Top 5 things that never get done:

#7 ifah03

ifah03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:04 AM

Yes. Its confirm faulty. Supposed to be 8gb but only 108mb.
And i have MANY of it!!!!
Haisy...

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,256 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:22 AM

Now you know...just because it has a manufacturer's logo/ name on it....doesn't mean that it is not a fake.

Just as mentioned in multiple websites in the link I posted. China is famous for producing fake merchandise of all descriptions.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#9 ifah03

ifah03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:26 AM

I think some of u misunderstood me. My boss had oir
Company logo printed on the thumbdrive as a marketing tool. Thats the company logo that I meant.

#10 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,256 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:38 PM

Okay...I understand now it is your employer's logo...Have you tested more than one of these drives?

You should also be aware that flash drives have been found with their firmware containing malware. Even IBM has alerted their customers of

some of their Flash Drives containing malware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users