Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Exchange Windows Xp Prof. With Xp Home

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jennshaun03

jennshaun03

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:26 PM

I have Windows xp professional installed. I tried to install windows xp home edition. It installed but now my computer runs very slow. I would like professional removed (it is not genuine). I tried uninstalling it from the add/remove page but it is still there and my computer is a little faster but still acting funny. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:00 AM

In order to remove the OS you will need to wipe the drive first. Kill Disk it a free program that you can use, you can download it here.

After you have downloaded this make a floppy disk copy, set the fdd as the first device in the POST order, and boot from the floppy.

btw...welcome to BC

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:01 AM

But uh, in case you didn't know any better, back up any files that you would like to keep.

#4 jennshaun03

jennshaun03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:52 AM

How do you change the post order?

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:24 AM

You have to do a full format on the drive first - before you begin to install XP Home.

I assume you have an XP Home version CD with a unique 25 digit key number that has never been used on any computer other than the one on which you are now trying to install this version of XP Home.

If it has ever been used on a different computer the installation will not authenticate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users