Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What video card is recommended for this motherboard

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jfsjr61

jfsjr61

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

As you can see I know have a  AMD RADEON R7 250 2GB GDDR3 PCI-E 3.0 video card. For some reason my 2nd added-on monitor quit working,  so I assumed the monitor went bad and I hooked up another monitor and now my PC will not detect it, but my main monitor still works. 1st question: Is it possible that the above mentioned card could of went bad? I  have been running 2 monitors on the above card and at one time I was thinking of adding a 3rd monitor, But I was told it probably would not work. That brings me to my 2nd question: If I could only spend $150.00 or less on a new card that will definatly support 3 monitors, and work with my current build, what would someone reccomend?

Attached Files

Edited by jfsjr61, 04 July 2017 - 05:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:39 AM

It's possible that card is broken if 2 monitor worked before.

Almost any video card on $150 range support three monitors. Question is, do you want to play games too? If not, weaker (and cheaper) card is OK.

Edited by Drillingmachine, 05 July 2017 - 11:39 AM.

#3 jfsjr61

jfsjr61
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:00 PM

The card that I have listed is supposed to support three monitors and it doesn't.

#4 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,402 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:55 PM

If card is broken it probably won't work properly. So is that new card coming for gaming?

#5 jfsjr61

jfsjr61
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:15 PM

Not really, The only game ever played on here is Farming Simulator.

The main thing is I want it to support 3 monitors with no troubles.

#6 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,402 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:30 AM

RX460 cards have generally bit more quality than sub $100 ones and card like this should do fine https://pcpartpicker.com/product/XNCrxr/sapphire-radeon-rx-460-2gb-oc-single-fan-video-card-11257-10-20g

However, remember that card does not support analog VGA connector without active adapter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users