Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 hangs for 1-2 seconds when Corsair LINK is launched at boot up

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 djAnthony93

djAnthony93

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:00 PM

Hello, it's been a week that I'm experiecing stuttering at Windows startup. The system hangs for about 1-2 seconds after getting responsive, it freeze when Corsair LINK is loaded.

What I've tried until now:
- Update BIOS
- Update all drivers for my motherboard from the ASUS page
- Clear CMOS / reset the BIOS
- Memtest with no errors
- Re-installed all ME / MEI / Graphics drivers

I've installed two additional fans + two fans for the CPU cooler (Corsair H100i v2), plugged the two CPU fans into the CPU_FAN slot and the USB cable of the AIO into the USB3 Slot of the motherboard as shown in the Corsair manual.
There are some problem with LINK:
1. I see two slots for each fans plugged into the motherboard:

495dd13fced23a59a028f746433d5fd2.png

2. Initially the H100i v2 fan speed was 0 rpm no matter which profile I apply, it won't change the fan speed, only the Pump speed can be regulated. So I disabled the CPU Qfan control from the BIOS and I can regulate the fan speed from LINK.

3. Everytime LINK is started at boot will freeze the system for 1-2 seconds.

Can you help me fixing these and set up correctly the BIOS and the motherboard? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 djAnthony93

djAnthony93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:16 AM

up                             

#3 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:44 AM

Perhaps you might get more answers on Corsair's own forum, as it's quite a specific problem you are having - http://forum.corsair.com/v3/index.php

7sbvuf-6.png

#4 djAnthony93

djAnthony93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:48 AM

Perhaps you might get more answers on Corsair's own forum, as it's quite a specific problem you are having - http://forum.corsair.com/v3/index.php

Already posted there, no help at all.

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

Everytime LINK is started at boot will freeze the system for 1-2 seconds.

There is no suggestion in your #1 that your system ever fails to boot. Is it possible that this 1-2 seconds is what it normally takes to get Link running ?

I have no intention of being facetious, but is this 1 or 2 second delay in booting significant ?

Chris Cosgrove

#6 djAnthony93

djAnthony93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:07 PM

Everytime LINK is started at boot will freeze the system for 1-2 seconds.

There is no suggestion in your #1 that your system ever fails to boot. Is it possible that this 1-2 seconds is what it normally takes to get Link running ?

I have no intention of being facetious, but is this 1 or 2 second delay in booting significant ?

Chris Cosgrove

No, I'm experiencing these hangs at startup since one week, my build is 2 months old and was ever running with no problems. I'm worrying about this since my old motherboard (Asrock) died for no reason and started having small problems before that, like usb3 not working and random resets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users