Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrade my laptop to run Cities Skylines well

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jameswood666

Jameswood666

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:46 PM

Hi guys.

Last year I bought a HP laptop with Intel Core I7 processor and 8GB of ram, mainly for uni work. Now I want to play Cities Skylines on it as well but realise my Intel HD 520 Graphics card is not up to the job really, especially as it struggles with the likes of minecraft.

Any advice on how to upgrade my laptop and if I'll need to improve areas other than the graphics card?

Also, the cheaper the better being a uni student! 

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JoelMiles925

JoelMiles925

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:51 PM

You can't upgrade a laptop GPU, they're soldered to the CPU. You'd have to get a new computer - I guess in theory you could add 8 gigs of RAM presuming you can actually upgrade the RAM in that laptop.

#3 Jameswood666

Jameswood666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:56 PM

JoelMiles925 thanks for telling me, I suppose that's my punishment for going budget haha

#4 JoelMiles925

JoelMiles925

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:32 PM

Hey, laptops unfortunately aren't usually meant for gaming :P Next time you get a computer, get a desktop. They're much easier to upgrade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users