Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wi-Fi no longer connecting automatically on startup

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bramish

Bramish

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:37 AM

Apologies if this has been covered numerous times, but I've followed a few suggestions and still have the problem that I have to manually connect every time I start Windows.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1 and use an ASUS USB-N10 150Mbps 11n Wireless USB Dongle if that helps.

Never had any problems until recently and haven't changed anything other than the WiFi password.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:01 PM

Have you tried using a different USB port?

Most of these dongles have LED which light up in a continuous rhythm, was yours doing this previously, and is it still doing so if it was?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:51 PM

In Network and Sharing Center, click on Manage Wireless Networks.

Right clck on the wireless entry and select Properties.

In the Connection tab, make sure that Connect automatically when this network is in range is selected.

#4 Bramish

Bramish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:58 AM

Thanks. The dongle is in the same USB port it's always been in, and has worked fine for 2 years. Tried it in others and the problem persists. LED flashes consistently.

Yep. That box is still checked.

#5 Guest_Joe C_*

Guest_Joe C_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:06 AM

USB wireless dongle's are crap.

You need to get a pcie wireless card or use power line ethernet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users