Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Was This What Halo Was Supposed To Look Like?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:56 PM

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/5911

I saw this on gamevideos.com and I recalled hearing that Halo was changed to a first person shooter from being a RTS game. I was wondering if anybody saw/remembered what Halo was supposed to be, if this video is real or just some person's attempt at recreating it.

If that is true, its really interesting to think what would have happened with the xbox if Halo was a measly PC RTS.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:26 PM

Yes it actually was! If you watched the included DVD with the "Halo 2: Collectors Edition" But I don't recall seeign that video, it was sopposed to be some sort of RTS. Then a 3rd person game, and so on until a FPS shooter.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#3 Wizdabest

Wizdabest
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:26 PM

Apparently that video was a mod that a few people were making and Microsoft just pulled the plug on it.

Don't you think Microsoft (or Bungie) should have just hired those people and taken the game for themselves and made those people finish it and get some extra cash from it?

I mean, it kind of sounds the same as the popular mods from Valve. Didn't Counter-Strike and Team Fotress start out as just little mods and then once Valve took over, became popular. I'm not sure how popular a RTS Halo would have been after the fact that Halo is a popular FPS game but still. Same thing with Portals, Valve hired those college students on the spot when they saw Narbocular Drop and now their new game, Portal(s) is an extremly anticipated game.

#4 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:14 AM

Portals looked wired, but once it got into the high volocity part, it looked pretty cool.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users