Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Counter-Strike 1.6 Warzone Original | CAN'T UNINSTALL

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 versa

versa

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:00 AM

Hey, I'm 15 and not that experienced at computer fixing, so I got counter-strike 1.6 warzone original from web and I can't uninstall it anymore.

I can't remove it from Control Panel and I try to use CCleaner now, but when I try to remove it under "tools" tab it says "Error: 2 - The system cannot find the file specified

Is there someone more experienced and could help me please?
I hope that's enough information, oh and when I try to uninstall it under Control Panel, it says "You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Counter-Strike 1.6 Warzone Original. Please contact your system administrator."

Adding more information.
Under Registry Editor I went through HK_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Wow6432Node -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> Uninstall -> Counter-Strike 1.6 Warzone Original
and there are 3 things.

(Default)
DisplayName
UninstallString

and when I click modify UninstallString it gives me this: 0:\Games\CS 1.6\Uninstal.exe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 versa

versa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:50 AM

EDIT: I found solution, you need to go to that website below:

http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/Counter-Strike-1_6-b2d029da2b2616c10040e417d1be496a-application.htm

Edited by versa, 04 July 2017 - 09:51 AM.

#3 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,668 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:03 PM

Hello versa and welcome to the Bleeping Computer forum.

I'm pleased to hear that you found a solution. In future you may want to try Revo Uninstaller which is the program that I would recommend.

Are you happy to close this as 'solved' now or are there any remaining problems?

Satchfan

My help is always free of charge. If you are happy with the help provided, if you wish you can make a donation to buy me a beer.

#4 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,668 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:49 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

My help is always free of charge. If you are happy with the help provided, if you wish you can make a donation to buy me a beer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users