Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Budget-Upgrade PC

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 _Max

_Max

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:53 AM

Hello.
I would like to upgrade my PC but keep it as cheap as possible. So i think i want to go for a semi-upgrade

I only use this PC for gaming, but nowadays i can barely play any recent games. So i would like to have an FPS boost in general and have a much faster PC.
My budget is +- 600 Euros(680 USD) for start. In the near future i want to upgrade again (for example a new VGA)
As you can see i don't have an SSD or DDR4 yet.
Think its best for a new CPU, MOBO, SSD and RAM
but im curious what you guys suggest.

I would really appreciate the help!

Specs
 Case

> Cooler Master Elite 430 + PSU 700 Watt Silent
> Mobo
> Asus P8P67
> VGA
> Asus GeForce GTX550 Ti DC,1GB 
> CPU
> Intel Core i5-2300
> RAM
> DDR3,1333-2*4GB KIT
> HD 1
> WD Green 1TB
> Optical
> Samsung DVR DL 22X,SATA

Thank you in advance!

_Max

Edited by _Max, 04 July 2017 - 06:31 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NicoForce

NicoForce

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:52 PM

In the support page it says which cpu's you can upgrade into. (I'm not sure about which one you should go for)

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8P67/helpdesk_cpu/

You might want to upgrade your ram as well, since 4gb isn't that much nowadays,let's look at the recommended sticks on the support page:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8P67/helpdesk_qvl/

(You'll be able to download rar's with the list of approved sticks to use in your mobo with no problems)

You might want to get a newer graphics card as well, gtx 1050 ti is pretty cheap (100-130$ I believe), so you could get a solid improvement from that one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry I can't help you that much with the prices, but at least I gave you some info so that you can search the prices yourself.

EDIT: I didn't notice you were planning to upgrade the Mobo as well; however, my advice might work if you plan on sticking with the same mobo you have.

Edited by NicoForce, 04 July 2017 - 12:55 PM.

#3 _Max

_Max
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:12 PM

Thank you very much. I will take your info into account.
But my cpu and mobo are tagged end of life. My cpu overheats frequently and my pc shuts down shortly after. So i would prefer a whole new cpu and mobo of in total 250eur(283usd). Added with 16gb ram ddr4 and an ssd.
Since im new to this. I would like some help in which are compatible/good enough..
(Will these upgrades get me better fps in game? And overall better smoothness?)
Or is a Vga upgrade an absolute must?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by _Max, 04 July 2017 - 01:14 PM.

#4 NicoForce

NicoForce

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:29 PM

Thank you very much. I will take your info into account.
But my cpu and mobo are tagged end of life. My cpu overheats frequently and my pc shuts down shortly after. So i would prefer a whole new cpu and mobo of in total 250eur. Added with 16gb ram ddr4 and an ssd.
Since im new to this. I would like some help in which are compatible/good enough..
(Will these upgrades get me better fps in game? And overall better smoothness?)
Or is a Vga upgrade an absolute must?

Thank you in advance!

A whole new cpu and mobo with 250 euros, I'd love to know if you might want to continue using intel or, you might be ok with going to the red side a.k.a. AMD cpus.

Also, what games do you tend to play? Maybe some would benefit from the extra RAM, or maybe just not. Maybe the game is cpu intensive, and upgrading the cpu will let you see better fps overall; on the other hand, maybe the game is gpu intensive, so you most likely won't see any improvement if you don't get a new gpu. (NOTE: gpu is your graphics card, what you call VGA)

Programs/Games installed on an SSD makes them load real fast, however, that doesn't mean you'll see an increase in fps, just a ridiculous load speed.

PD: By any chance, do you know why your cpu overheats? Maybe it needs a change of thermal paste, check and/or buy a new cooler, or some cleaning in general. I don't want to take you to the technical side, maybe you don't want to touch your components and just get new ones, as expressed in the post.

#5 _Max

_Max
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:06 PM

CPU and MoBo: i dont mind using AMD, since im on a budget.. AMD is probably the way to go, i'm open to suggestions because im rather clueless here.

Games: Player's unknown Battlegrounds, CS:GO, World of Warcraft, other games released few years ago (so that my PC can handle them :P )

I want to upgrade PC for games to come too. Now it's just too outdated to handle any new releases even when all the video settings are on 'very low'

cpu overheating: I play some games as CS:GO using steam. I heard steam is heavy CPU demanding. This is where my CPU overheats. I noticed it using speccy.
Playing other games the cpu gets hot, but it doesn't overheat. This just shows it's time for a replacement imo.
I recently cleaned all the vents but i didn't renew the thermal paste.

Really appreciate the effort you're putting in my PC!
_Max 

#6 NicoForce

NicoForce

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:39 PM

CPU and MoBo: i dont mind using AMD, since im on a budget.. AMD is probably the way to go, i'm open to suggestions because im rather clueless here.

Games: Player's unknown Battlegrounds, CS:GO, World of Warcraft, other games released few years ago (so that my PC can handle them :P )

I want to upgrade PC for games to come too. Now it's just too outdated to handle any new releases even when all the video settings are on 'very low'

cpu overheating: I play some games as CS:GO using steam. I heard steam is heavy CPU demanding. This is where my CPU overheats. I noticed it using speccy.
Playing other games the cpu gets hot, but it doesn't overheat. This just shows it's time for a replacement imo.
I recently cleaned all the vents but i didn't renew the thermal paste.

Really appreciate the effort you're putting in my PC!
_Max 

I've seen some really good $600 and $700 on budget builds with amd ryzen on youtube; however, prices on the components may vary depending from your country.

For me, those builds cost like 100-200$ more than the price shown in the videos.

For games like CS:GO, WOW and some others that are somewhat old, they don't need that much, whereas, PUBG is poorly optimized atm since it's on alpha and you'll get pretty low fps like no matter what. Still, if you aren't that hardcore about playing them on ultra, they are pretty solidly playable on those builds.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ryzen+builds+%26+%24600

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ryzen+builds+%24700

I'd love to choose some for you but I can't atm. Feel free to explore a few videos and see for yourself how they perform.

Here's one that can give you an idea of how it performs with those components, keep in mind that the prices include case and stuff that you might already have:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N22v6pvNPBc

Edited by NicoForce, 04 July 2017 - 03:44 PM.

#7 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:01 AM

RX5-1500, BX350 MB, GTX1050Ti, 16 GB of RAM...

you'll need about $450-$500....

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

#8 _Max

_Max
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:34 AM

RX5-1500, BX350 MB, GTX1050Ti, 16 GB of RAM...

you'll need about $450-$500....

I'm probably gonna buy the gtx1050ti since u both suggest it.
But can u give like a link or more info on the other hardware because for me it's chinese like that. Even when i google it , i cant find the proper gear.

#9 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,453 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:47 AM

That chinese means Ryzen 5 1500 CPU, motherboard with B350 chipset and 16GB RAM.

I would go like that:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PDTvGf
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PDTvGf/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($199.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME B350-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard ($93.97 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws 4 series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($59.92 @ Amazon)
Storage: ADATA - Premier Pro SP600 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($52.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $406.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-05 12:46 EDT-0400

Thanks to Apple, memory and SSD prices are sky high, so I would buy cheapest right now and upgrade later when prices are more sensible.

Edited by Drillingmachine, 05 July 2017 - 11:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users