Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer runs fine in safe mode but restart when run in normal mode

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jennyjo1184

Jennyjo1184

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:34 PM

Honestly, I really don't know where to begin. Every time I try to run my computer in normal mode it restarts and gives me options to run in different safe modes or try normal mode again. My computer runs perfectly fine in safe mode. I haven't added any new programs. It's been this way for some time. I'm currently running sfc /scannow to see if this helps, which I seen it helped on a similar forum on bleepingcomputer. If anyone has anything else to contribute, please feel free.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jennyjo1184

Jennyjo1184
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:44 PM

This is what it's telling me.

Attached Files

Edited by Jennyjo1184, 03 July 2017 - 08:51 PM.

#3 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:19 AM

You may need to run sfc /SCANNOW 3 or 4 times in order to repair all possible corruption.

Failing that, you can try downloading and running the Sysnative tool SFCFix, which can often fix issues that sfc cannot.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/sfcfix.html

#4 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,777 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:49 PM

Reboot and repeatedly tap F8 for the listing of commands; select System Restore and pick a restore date immediately before this problem started. Or...in safe mode, click the Start button (lower left in desktop screen) and in the search box type System Restore. If F8 is not the correct F-key to use, it should be listed in the manual that came with your computer.

It's been a long time since I used Vista, but there is a system restore option in there somewhere.

By the way....I do not mean an image reinstallation of the entire operating system from a restore partition; in that case you will lose all programs and data. A system restore only reinstalls critical system files from a library on the hard drive in case of corrupted files. Your data and programs are not overwritten.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users