Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Non Functional Earphone Plug

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 firstlast

firstlast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:28 PM

I am aware this may have nothing to do with the OS of my Samsung S6 Galaxy  g920f. Various earphones / buds do not work although they work in other devices.  Any suggestions?

Edited by firstlast, 03 July 2017 - 01:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:29 PM

It's most probably a hardware problem with your 3.5mm jack, which is impossible/very hard to fix on your own (although, if the phone is still under warranty, you absolutely should bring it in for a repair). The other thing that may be causing the problem is water damage, which may also be easily, or not so, fixable depending on the situation. Apart from that, update your Samsung to its latest OS, run an anti-virus and an anti-malware scan, remove old files that you no longer need, clean your cache and restart your phone. Also, thoroughly clean it on the outside. If none of those things help, and you haven't water-damaged your phone, I'm 95% sure that the problem is the headphone 3.5mm jack and it would be in a need of a replacement.

Good luck! :)

Edited by Just_One_Question, 03 July 2017 - 03:31 PM.

#3 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:34 AM

I am aware this may have nothing to do with the OS of my Samsung S6 Galaxy  g920f. Various earphones / buds do not work although they work in other devices.  Any suggestions?

Do the Original ear buds that came with the Phone work ?

I have a set by Beats Dr Dre for my HTC M7 , 3.5 mm -  3 Stage Connector , and works on 2 Laptops , Desktop , even an old Tandy Radio.

So get what came with the Samsung Phone or Try before you Buy at any Store.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users